Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1995 Eddie Bauer, 5.8L, 4 speed auto trans, 165K miles, Electric red metallic with medium mocha int.
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone- I was folding the mirrors in to get it in the garage and her a pop/crack. The mirror is electric and still works but it doesn't "lock" in the driving position and is way easy to fold in or out. It doesn't wobble or rattle but too easy to move and no locking in its "open" position. Lastly, you can see the new gap where something happened in the first picture driver side as compared to the passenger side where it still works like stock. Any thoughts are welcomed. Best - Dave

·
Registered
1986 Eddie Bauer 5.0EFI AOD Full length headers Y pipe into single 3" Magnaflow 3" factory exit
986 Posts
I have bought several sets of them at the local junkyard for $10 each & upgraded my 86 mirrors to 96 style. So even if it is catastrophic damage, they are cheap and abundant at junkyards. Looks like you just popped it out of its seated position, so you should be able to pop it back in place with a bit of reefing on it. Looks like you just need to squeeze it back together to me.

The mirror does pops out, & once you pop out the glass, there are torqx bit screws you can loosen up the 2 halves, but its not too complicated as long as you don't break the glass popping it out of the mirror.

·
Registered
1995 Eddie Bauer, 5.8L, 4 speed auto trans, 165K miles, Electric red metallic with medium mocha int.
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK thanks for the information. I noticed that there are two torqx screws that keep the mirror on the door and there is one underneath the mirror itself. Do you recommend I loosen up the screw underneath the mirror itself? Is that the best way to get the 2 half’s to click back into place? Thanks again for your help!

·
Registered
1986 Eddie Bauer 5.0EFI AOD Full length headers Y pipe into single 3" Magnaflow 3" factory exit
986 Posts
The screws are to remove the mirror from the door completly, I don't think you need to do that, simply snap the inner & outer housings back together. YouTube some videos, they will tell you much, but pop the mirror out, snap the assy together, & see if you did break anything, and if not, lube the pivot so it moves easier. If its broken, replace it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your help, Rob! I will give it a shot and hope that it doesn't need to be replaced because every time I take 1 thing off I break another. Who knew push pins were like 4 leaf clovers? Thanks again for your advice.

·
Registered
1996 Bronco 5.0/E4OD/BW1356
1,571 Posts
Everything that I've run into is if they crack like that they are junk. Stuff gets so corroded up here with the salt that the mirrors rarely pivot and when you try, they do that.

Reactions: DAGNERD
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.