Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, its not actually in my Bronco but its the same year. I have a 95 F350 w/460 auto that I use as a yard truck and general hauling and developed a trans issue I had some Q's about. I use it maybe a dozen times a year and since I bought it ten years ago its been completly trouble free till yesterday. I used my tow dolly to move a car across town and on the way back to my shop it got pretty hot, way high up on gauge but didnt boil over and I just made it back to my shop. When I pulled up to my door I had a garden hose out so I hosed down the radiator a bit to cool it down, which worked, but after a minute or so my shop helper kid noticed somthing running out from undernieth mixed with the water. Looking under the truck I found trans fluid coming out of the round hole at the bottom of the bell housing under the convertor. Its always ran and shifted great but haz had an occasional temp issue when its really hot out but was never a huge issue. Question is what are the possible leak points in the bell housing and did I cook the trans by shocking the trans coolerz with the cold water meant for the radiator? I have not messed with it yet, rained all day today but might try topping off the atf tomorrow.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
update to my issue if anyone stumbles by that is familiar with the trans.

I topped off the trans and all seems fine with no leaks. Is it possible to blow trans fluid out some seal in the bell and not ruin it? As in the above description? I know nothing about trans's :cool:

took it down the road seems to shift fine . . .

1 - 2 of 2 Posts