Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
House of Windsor 4ever!
10,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I recently had a problem (since fixed) with the 1995 F250 my friend Joe and I bought. Because it went into HLOC mode, I needed info on that mode, but my laptop has WIN8.1, and the disc will not self-load on it. It's been a while since I last attempted to load it, but I'm hoping there's either a procedure to load it through WIN8.1, or an emulator that will allow it to load in the emulator. Anyone have ideas, please PM me. Just remember, though, I'm a Microsoft-certified dunderhead.

·
Registered
82 XLT Lariat 351w, Edelbrock 1406 4bbl ,C6 auto, auto locking hubs ,33x10.5x15
4,257 Posts
I have a PDF copy of the Haines manual if that'll help

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
So I recently had a problem (since fixed) with the 1995 F250 my friend Joe and I bought. Because it went into HLOC mode, I needed info on that mode, but my laptop has WIN8.1, and the disc will not self-load on it. It's been a while since I last attempted to load it, but I'm hoping there's either a procedure to load it through WIN8.1, or an emulator that will allow it to load in the emulator. Anyone have ideas, please PM me. Just remember, though, I'm a Microsoft-certified dunderhead.
MS 8(.1) was a very bad OS. So bad it was the shortest lived MS operating system. Windows 8 was a rush to get to Windows ported to mobile devices and compete with the graphics of high end Linux distributions. Only a year after 8.1 was released Windows Vista came out and made a free upgrade. Then several years later Windows 10 came along. Now Windows 10 is the only supported Windows Operating System.

Now onto your questions... try running the disk in windows compatibility mode for either windows 7 or windows XP. That used to be the fix for most of windows 8 problems. If the disk was designed for a newer OS, then You will either need to get a new PC, or cross load a Linux OS and run WINE to install.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts