Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, before I get slammed, I did search, but maybe I didn't use the right key word(s) I am gathering parts for a sas swap on a 95 f-150.
I am putting a c6/205 (twin stick) in with dana 44/9inch on 39.5 pitbull rockers. I am trying to figure out how to make the speedo work with the 95 dashboard. I saw a tone ring for a 1356 but I cannot find one for a 205 so is there a conversion for a 205?

·
Registered
754 Posts
ok, before I get slammed, I did search, but maybe I didn't use the right key word(s) I am gathering parts for a sas swap on a 95 f-150.
I am putting a c6/205 (twin stick) in with dana 44/9inch on 39.5 pitbull rockers. I am trying to figure out how to make the speedo work with the 95 dashboard. I saw a tone ring for a 1356 but I cannot find one for a 205 so is there a conversion for a 205?
==============
Search and find a kit that puts the tone ring and diff sender between the transfer and the double cardon. All the prerunners using the 9" use one of the kits. DIY also works fine - homework required.
PaulW

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am going 39.5 pitbull rockers, I don't think th 8.8 is going to like that. I already have everything and I don't want eight lug due to I already have the rims I want. I guess I will just have no speedo and use a gps. I have been searching do you know a good company to look at?

·
Registered
754 Posts
I am going 39.5 pitbull rockers, I don't think th 8.8 is going to like that. I already have everything and I don't want eight lug due to I already have the rims I want. I guess I will just have no speedo and use a gps. I have been searching do you know a good company to look at?
====
Several choices can be found for VSS relocation when you search gofastbroncos.com
If you keep the auto the thing wont shift correctly without a speed input. This means your GPS wont be adequate
PaulW

·
Super Moderator
27,017 Posts
yo as PWMTN mentioned;
PM mkiefer here for;
Speed Sensor Recalibrator Overview for other than Ford 8.8 Differentials; "...we have been working on this for a while and it is the nicest design I have worked with. You dont have to send your flange out for a core and the sensor spacing is adjustable and it is mathmaticaly the same as stock. Im working out all of the math for common tire sizes and gear ratios. Final pricing will be available early next week. Let me know what you think and any queations you have. It comes with 100% of the parts you need and should very easy for most people to install. With original location for ford trucks, the sensor is essentially past or after the gears but before the tires if you think of the drivetrain in a straight line, so only tire size changes affect your speedo reading.When you move the tone ring (the little ring with the magnets) up to the output shaft, you put it before the gears, so now gears and tires will affect it. Factory setup:engine-transmission/tcase------gears(diff)tone ring----axles---tires; new setup: engine-transmission/tcase-tone ring------gears(diff)----axles---tires...

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok, I just found a guy selling a set of dana 44/8.8 with 4.56 gears for cheap, so I guess I will be keeping an 8.8 after all. I am going to a c6, so the eaod is coming out. it's a two wheel drive truck. thanks for the help anyway guys.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts