Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have A 1996 Ford Ranger body on A 1979 Bronco chassis
with a 4" suspension lift. The truck has the front dual shocks and front & rear sway bars.
Question: should i stay with the dual shocks ?
Should I stay with the dual sway bars?

Truck weighs about 3200 lbs now
it will spend 75% off road
and I love to jump things
I did not purchase shocks or extended sway bar links yet
the truck is still under construction

·
search, you #$%@! noob
9,995 Posts
if you are mostly offroad, get rid of the sway bars. i did and you'll notice a big improvement on the trail.

·
Salt-Man
1,634 Posts
I cant help ya there my friend. I am just learning about this shat myself and haven't finished either one of my trucks yet

·
Registered
712 Posts
Wait a minute, you like jumping things or crawling over them? For real jumping you can use the two shocks, as long as the shocks are just shocks and not coilovers. For crawling over stuff, single shock may be better. As far as swaybars go - the rear you most likely don't need at all, the front tho can come real handy in those 25% of the time you're on the paved road and traveling at decent speed. They make quick-disconnect links for 'em front bars now, I'd suggest you look into those, just for a piece of mind during yer regular driving.

·
Registered
533 Posts
75% off road. you drive it to the place you offroad, and alittle around town? i would ditch the sway bars. dual/quad shocks i would keep those. beter flex from a single shock yes. rock crawling a single shock. no rocks realy in n.j.? do you need flex? no. jumping? you should keep the quad shocks.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Ok then Quad shocks, qiuck disconnects for front sway bars
(are u taking into consideration 1/2 the weight of a Bronco?)
no rock crawling for me just alot of jumps & mud holes in the NJ Pine Barrens

·
Registered
712 Posts
Ok then Quad shocks, qiuck disconnects for front sway bars
(are u taking into consideration 1/2 the weight of a Bronco?)
no rock crawling for me just alot of jumps & mud holes in the NJ Pine Barrens
Yes I am, that's why I said no rear bar, you don't need it on a light truck were most of yer weight is in the front. For all that jumping and stuff, how are yer ball joints?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts