Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 96 5.8 in KC,MO a couple months ago. It's a Florida truck so I was hoping for minimal rusting. I paid $750 for it but the tranny is bad and I could tell that it had been in some kind of accident. Once I got it home, further investigation showed that it was in a rollover and 65% of the body was coated in bondo. The motor, doors, front fenders, hood, rear tailgate and tires appear to be in good shape. So I don't think it was an awful deal but it wasn't great. And now I'm not sure what to do with it.

I'd like to fix up a 96 5.8 but I'm thinking this one isn't worth it. Any thoughts on the rust or the cab repair. It's just so dam expensive to get straight bodied FSB's around here. It'll cost me at least $700 just to get the thing back here and that's if I buy it sight unseen.

More pics at http://s926.photobucket.com/albums/ad101/jkyoachim/FSB/

·
Driving Stuff Henry Built
-90 xlt, 351w, e4od, man 1356, 3.55, sag, warn hubs, 35s. -73, 400, np435, d20j twin, 35s
8,075 Posts
Yeah, it might be worth finding another truck. Check into what the trans is going to need before doing anymore work. A 96 351 should have an E4OD, & it's an expensive bugger to rebuild.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts