Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be adding to and editing this initial post and also create a parts list...needs (must have) & wants (plans come and go). Starting on the interior and door/windows/tailgate/roof panel, carpeting and adding insulation to all flooring, interior panels, above the headliner, doors...basically anywhere I can improve interior sound quality.
Bronco.png
DashPanel.png
OverheadMolding.png
RoofPanelMolding.png
RoofPanelMoldingRearCorner.png

Reactions: 3fifty7

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So I've started my parts list and parts search! Looking for help on either locating new replacement interior trim pieces or ideas on how to custom fabricate replacements. I was off to a good start on Bronco Grave Yard, LMC Parts etc...until I started trying to locate trim/molding.

·
Registered
1989 Bronco XLT 351W with C6, manual locking hubs. 6” suspension lift with 35” Cooper tires
731 Posts
From what I’ve seen, LMC and JBG have about everything you could need? What exactly are you looking for? Also, junkyards are typically good for stuff like that! Good looking truck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1994 EB 351 (Sold)
276 Posts
Hard top trim pieces will be found on eBay or junk yards. I do not think the plastic parts are available new. Get on a alert list for junk yards in your area or craigslist. this will net you far more of the trim pieces.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
From what I’ve seen, LMC and JBG have about everything you could need? What exactly are you looking for? Also, junkyards are typically good for stuff like that! Good looking truck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mostly interior trim pieces right now. These are all missing...

OEM Part # Description
517C04 Roof Trim Rear Moulding
29004 Quarter Window Garnish Lower Front Moulding
29010 Quarter Rear Window Garnish Rear Moulding
29010 Quarter Rear Window Garnish Rear Moulding
29126 Body Side Window Garnish Moulding Front Bracket
518B34 Roof Trim Rear Moulding Joint Cover
29070 Body Side Window Garnish Moulding Bracket

I'll start hitting junkyards looking for these parts and also try setting up some alerts on Ebay/Craigslist.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hard top trim pieces will be found on eBay or junk yards. I do not think the plastic parts are available new. Get on a alert list for junk yards in your area or craigslist. this will net you far more of the trim pieces.
Great ide for alerts...I see if I can do that on eBay and Craigslist.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I was missing those same trim parts around the back window to cover the bolts for the top. I just got lucky and found them on eBay. Paid through the nose but jumped on them knowing they would be tough to find.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was missing those same trim parts around the back window to cover the bolts for the top. I just got lucky and found them on eBay. Paid through the nose but jumped on them knowing they would be tough to find.
Yeah...I'm beginning to see how expensive they are...

·
Registered
283 Posts
Now if I could just find some door panels in good shape I could pay with my right arm and left leg (you know, to balance things out) :)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I know what you mean. Mine seemed to be in decent condition when I bought it but I haven't taken them off the doors yet and now upon closer inspection, I see signs of what we call in Louisiana as jury-rigging. No telling when these temporary fixes were done but I'm still pretty happy with my Bronco...Hopefully I can take them off and disassemble them to repair any broken components, tabs etc.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Mine aren’t original. They are some cheap aftermarket replacement. They don’t have the silver (for mine) strip across the top, they don’t have the light bulb lens, and they have some crappy off color velour near the switches and they shake like crazy despite having new little black fasteners. They are better than nothing but having seen the “correct” panel I really wish I could find some

·
Registered
31 Posts
so I'm lucky that mine has these on both sides.I'm starting to think top has never been off of the ol girl.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You may be right...Mine has definitely been off. Hopefully I can find some locally or find someone willing to let me use theirs to make a mold...or come up with another way to get the same functionality...custom if I have to...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Mine was lady owned since 1 yr old. Husband and son both told me she only let them drive it maybe 3 or 4 times max. I can't believe how clean interior is.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nice...overall mine is in pretty good shape but my projected costs for the refresh are starting to get real :). I'm at $1342.30 and that's just refreshing parts on things like carpet, gaskets, weather seals, body mount bushings, etc. I have since found some interior moulding on eBay but you'd think they were gold plated. Just the rear roof side window trim was $600.

Reactions: loki1981

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Is there a way to delete a post once you've made it? I hit save twice because it looked like nothing happened the first time and it created two duplicate posts.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Had grand plans to get the interior out this weekend but another project that will help fund the Bronco's restoration took priority yesterday... but I managed to get the seats, console, and door jamb scuff plates removed.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well...made some more progress getting the interior trim uninstalled. Lots of dirt buildup over the years but I'll get it clean as a whistle before I put it back together and add the Kilmat. The dirt daubers here in Louisiana found their way into the inside as well...

89039349_10221940956658153_2266992835293085696_n.jpg
89084156_10221940956378146_8663754677407449088_n.jpg
88347064_10221940957018162_5412370018069381120_n.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Got my LMC Truck catalog for the Bronco yesterday! I downloaded it a while back but got to admit I much prefer being able to thumb through the catalog. I've already found some things in the catalog I couldn't find in the digital catalog.

Tomorrow I'll continue removing trim in the back of the Bronco as well as the remainder of the carpet. Then I'll start doing a deep clean on the interior. Hopefully, I can reach the interior sections of the doors once I raise the windows back up. Really don't want to remove the windows/hardware but I do want to make sure everything is clean, lubricated, and insulated.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts