Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! New to the form here and trying to get some info on value. I am looking at a 1996 FSB in green and tan with 167000 miles. A few dings here and there, no radio because screwdriver got in the door and took it. head liner starting to fail near the back window, door lock not working since break in, but everything else seems to be fine. KN filter and no rust.

Is it a good value at 6500? I have done my research but I have mixed feelings. I have see them at 15K and down to 3K. I guess info on the engine and EB edition as well would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

·
House of Windsor 4ever!
10,518 Posts
I'd say less. When my co-worker bought the '89 EB that became Eddie, they wanted 6K but he got it for half that, because car lots ALWAYS double the price of a used vehicle. Usually, they get these vehicles for $100-700 from auction (I used to work at a fly-by-night lot), and so even if they sell it for half the price they put it on the lot, they're still making well over double what they paid. The real problem is that there are idiots out there with a lot more money than good sense, so these prices are tremendously inflated to see if they can "hit it out of the park." I would take $3500 cash, give a thou to the wife to hold on to and hang out around the corner, and go in flashing $2500, citing you know the price is always overinflated. If they say no but are willing to negotiate, you can "call your wife to bring the house payment/rent money" and go no higher than the $3500.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts