Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this truck about 3 weeks ago and have been driving it off and on ever since. I bought it from a patient of mine and he is the only owner of this vehicle ( I'm not even going to title it.) It has been in Mississippi for the last 11 years so it has zero rust. It has 296,051 miles on it and it drives like it will go another 300,000 miles. BTW, it does not leak any fluids. The truck is a F-350 XLT with keyless entry. There is only 1 thing I know that is wrong with it---The rear, passenger window motor does not work and the rear passenger window is stuck down about an inch. You can drive it, ask any questions you want or whatever. Call me at 601-942-6056. I had full intentions of keeping the truck if I didn't get the 5k I was asking for it originally. Well, I found out this past week I am going to have a third child---Very, very, very unexpectadly. I need to get rid of this truck so the first $4500 gets it.

Brian

More pics here:
http://www.supermotors.net/vehicles/registry/1365/62774

·
I have a Straight Six
3,443 Posts
I assume that the transmission has been rebuilt... Do you know at what mileage?

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I assume that the transmission has been rebuilt... Do you know at what mileage?
That is the same question I asked the original owner and he said it is the original transmission. I kind of snickered when he told me that but he said "why would I fix it if there is nothing wrong with it." The tranny shifts like it should putting around and at wide open throttle. The torque converter locks and unlocks like it should. I've driven it several days now and there is absolutely nothing the transmission has done to make mw believe that there might be something wrong with it. Like I said in the original post, I like the truck enough to keep it if, I don't sell it.

Brian

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Has that flat bed always been on there? Or was it added after? That rear bumper doesn't make much sense. I have never seen one like that.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Has that flat bed always been on there? Or was it added after? That rear bumper doesn't make much sense. I have never seen one like that.

If I end up keeping it the first thing I will do is take off the back bumper. I think it looks pretty stupid myself. It's only on there by four bolts.

Brian

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I guess I will take less then 5k. I'm putting it on Egay tonight with a $4850 reserve. This is a great truck someone is missing out on. I've been driving it for almost two weeks and it has been flawless. Here's a pic with the rear bumper removed.

Brian

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
First $4500 gets it---I just found out last week that I am having a third child so I need to get rid of it.

Brian

·
user title
2,211 Posts
I wish you were closer. This would be perfect for me!

bump for ya'

Best of luck.

·
Engineer
13,163 Posts
Such a sweet rig, that would be awesome for hauling bikes

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,958 Posts
I love that color...

·
Registered
201 Posts
Just for you info, the E40D in my 93 7.3 idi lasted over 400,000 miles before I had to have it rebuilt. This was in a truck that pulled trailers off and on and had a topper full of tools and machine parts.

·
Engineer
13,163 Posts
Any idea what the truck gets for fuel economy. Empty at 65-75 mph and around town under 50 mph. I'm going to buy a truck when I start work in June and this is what I'm looking for, timing just isnt quite right

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Any idea what the truck gets for fuel economy. Empty at 65-75 mph and around town under 50 mph. I'm going to buy a truck when I start work in June and this is what I'm looking for, timing just isnt quite right
It's got 3.55 gears but I do not know mileage

1 - 19 of 19 Posts