Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having problems getting a core so I got a 97 explorer abs unit. The ports are in a different arrangement on the pump. Can I swap them when I send it out to get rebuilt ? Not the brake line ports, thats the same. The brass caps on the HCU. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
23,886 Posts
Yo @vanscooter

txyaloo said:
"A pump from an Explorer will work. Its wiring harness is reverse from the Bronco. You can cut off the Bronco harness and solder it to the Explorer pump. I had to do this several months ago and it's worked fine. Those HCUs are much easier to find than the Bronco one. I bought a NOS one on ebay for ~$150 which was cheaper than a reman unit"

BTW, BBA has a very good reputation here and elsewhere for 4WABS Modules & HCUs. See ABS Code 24 for example.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. BBA doesn’t do them anymore. Cardone said I could bring mine to. Autozone and have them being a dealer send it in to rebuild

·
Man of endless projects
8,911 Posts
interesting. i wondered it but never tried it. my HCU had an issue but decided im gonna delete it when i do 8-lug swap

heres 96 bronco vs 96 explorer HCU pinout. probably jsut need to repin the connector unless they are physically different

·
Registered
118 Posts
interesting. i wondered it but never tried it. my HCU had an issue but decided im gonna delete it when i do 8-lug swap

heres 96 bronco vs 96 explorer HCU pinout. probably jsut need to repin the connector unless they are physically different
IIRC, the bronco connector is male and the explorer is female. Could be the other way around. I actually cut a pigtail off of a J/Y bronco to solder to the explorer pump

1 - 6 of 6 Posts