Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought a rolling chassis a couple years ago. It sat, and sat, and sat until I finally got off my butt. So anyway, u guys prob want pics.
Disclaimer. This is a way, not the way, some people on obs trucks did not like that I cut my coil buckets. Don't really care.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
sorry, took a bit to get photos uploaded to photo bucket.

truck before

2006 rolling chasis on new 37 Kuhmos. guy parted out his truck after his 6.0 blew up.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
took some measurements on the frame, I placed my coil buckets 12.75 inches back from front body mount. I also trimmed about 2 inches off the bottom of the coil buckets. I didn't like the way they fit against the frame. Some people didn't like that because they think that lip is gonna hold the weight of the truck. (I don't think its a problem).

began stripping parts off the other frame?

once I was done, I cut the frame into pieces so I could take it to the scrap yard.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

the axles with nice 37 Kuhmos!!!

lift wouldn't pick the whole truck up. So I had to do one end at a time. I need to get this ram rebuilt.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
pic of cut coil bucket

Skyjacker 6" coil springs

Rancho Radius Arms

used go jacks to get axle under the truck.

my son helping!! (BEST PART)

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wrote some notes to myself on the frame not to drill through wiring harness or brake lines. Also, kinda hard to see, but I used the front rivet hole to each rivet hole on radius arm bracket. I trimmed the front hole off the bracket, but you can see I used a 36" measurement and a 39" measurement.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok, this is where the pics got ruined, mostly because it rained for 4 days in the middle of the swap.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
5.5" Zone lift blocks in the rear with 1" taller bump stops I had lying around.
I used 8" lift skyjacker shocks for the 2006. I ordered 6" skyjacker brake lines. The fronts were shorter than the stock 2006 lines. I just removed the metal brackets from the lines. re-installed the front end, tightened everything, built trac bar bracket and frame bracket with hime joints on both ends.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
pic of trac bar. I also fixed the parking brake. I cut the rivits on the 97 bracket, moved it up 3"
Due to the 2006 lines being diff lengths. there were hex pieces on both lines, that were close to the same length. I snipped the lines, drilled out the holes, and hooked it all up.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
so lastly, caster angle is pretty far off, I have drop brackets ill be installing this week. I am getting some death wobble at between 40-50 MPH. at 60+ rides smooth as hell. turning radius is awesome, turns around better than my single cab long bed. brakes are working great also. I already replaced front left caliper, right rear seems to be bad also. ill be getting to that this week also. I also have a dual shock steering stabilizer on the way.

·
Premium Member
749 Posts
Yep, not that you are looking for confirmation but the coil buckets are fine. I really like the look and the Rancho arms are pretty beefy. Way nicer than what they make for the older trucks. Nice Job! :thumbup

·
aka: kemicalburns
7,842 Posts
track bar angle is wrong and should match the drag link. they should be of similar length as well if I recall, this will cure your death wobble. Otherwise cool build, love that year truck

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The length is actually very close, u just can't tell in the pic, angles are 5 degrees different. I think it's fine, right now I am at -1 degree castor, and it should be 3-5 positive. I think that will fix the death wobble. We will see.

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
I'd be interested in your TTB hubs/rotors if you're interested in selling. I just need them for the 9/16-18 wheel studs. My 79 Dana 60 uses 1/2-20 studs.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey chris_capps I have a question about the rear. How did you do the rear swap did you just use 96 leaf springs or did you use the super duty ones?

·
Registered
61 Posts
The length is actually very close, u just can't tell in the pic, angles are 5 degrees different. I think it's fine, right now I am at -1 degree castor, and it should be 3-5 positive. I think that will fix the death wobble. We will see.
Caster change fix the death wobble?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts