Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My parents are looking at getting a newer car to drive, as the gas bill for their Expedition is getting a little too much. They have pretty much settled on trying to get a 1999 and up Cougar. So I was wondering, does anyone own one, or know of a place to get some info on it? How do you like it? Are there any major problems with this car? What are the most common issues to deal with? What kind of gas mileage numbers do you get?

·
Practicing Infidel
15,299 Posts
topfisherman said:
My parents are looking at getting a newer car to drive, as the gas bill for their Expedition is getting a little too much. They have pretty much settled on trying to get a 1999 and up Cougar. So I was wondering, does anyone own one, or know of a place to get some info on it? How do you like it? Are there any major problems with this car? What are the most common issues to deal with? What kind of gas mileage numbers do you get?
Yes

Someone here was coaching me on a 4.6 litre Cougar

in a thread last week. Input "cougar", "sixlitre" and do the search, it should show up.

Sixlitre

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I searched for that, and all I found was just a mention of the car.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No more help needed, after a while of searching, I found a web site dedicated to the newer Cougars.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
there are a giant piece of junk............
try finding the alternator..... its likea 4hour job to chage it. trans have issues, cats fail, and the sway bars fall off the front.

·
Practicing Infidel
15,299 Posts
topfisherman said:
No more help needed, after a while of searching, I found a web site dedicated to the newer Cougars.
Don't keep it to yourself Top

Spill that link man !

Sixlitre

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BurnedB said:
there are a giant piece of junk............
try finding the alternator..... its likea 4hour job to chage it. trans have issues, cats fail, and the sway bars fall off the front.
Is it really that bad? When I was looking around, the biggest problem I found was like what stangmata50l said with the sunroof. Here is a link to the site I found:

http://www.newcougar.org/

·
President, Mels fan club.
6,902 Posts
I havent heard anything really bad, I know a guy that has a 2000. I been thinking of picking up like an early 90s myself.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
giant difference btween a 2000 and an early 90's.
they went from a reart wheel drive thunderbird based car to a foriegn made fwd shitbox. have 2 we always work on at work, they are not holding up well.

·
Garage kept
1,185 Posts
They are eletrical nightmares

·
Registered
925 Posts
isn't there a fuel pump recall on them too... seems like I remember a friends comming in the shop when i worked at the dealership and when the tank got the around 1/4 it wouldn't pick up the fuel or something like that.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the replies, I'll have to be on the look out for what you guys said.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts