Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought my 1st Ford last week for $700.
I have had numerous Chevy's and I run www.tunerautomotive.net which specialezes in BMW, Audi, VW, and Subaru's so I have the means to do the repairs this boy needs.

90 eddie bauer edition.
09253 on odom.
5.0 302
Aod trans
things I have done already -
New front diff fluid
New transfer case fluid
New rear diff fluid with fill plug in diff cover ( fabbed up myself)
new tires
New steel wheels (purchased off craigslist for $50 and cleaned and painted in house)
new plugs, cap , rotor, fuel filter , air filter and plug wires.
Complete interior douche lol

leaks from valve covers , power steering and rear main.
I was purchased to pull my 2 snowmobiles so for now Ill live with some of the leaks.

Exhaust is Factory and that is in the works for a change next week.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you.
Its my running basket case , lol
I have always been a Chevy/GM man but have always enjoyed the interiors of the post 88 Fords more than the 88-96 Chevy's .
I will say the Chevy motor is much more layman then the Ford but I have been engrossing myself in this forum getting to know and understand the layout better.
But man , why did ford put so many solenoids on things . lol

·
Premium Member
3,944 Posts
Welcome to FSB u will find everthing u need here

·
I scrape on both sides
3,035 Posts
that thing looks sexy man :thumbup

love the 90 and 91's... i just happen to have one of both :toothless

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanx . Rear main leaks like it aint even got a seal . LOL
That will be the next fix but for now Im just gonna drive it and put it thru its paces .

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
Looks like its in great condition and for $700 its a steal....

Mine needs a bit of work and I payed $1300 (I have a lift and oversized tires though)

Welcome to FSB!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
makes a strange low decibel hum or vibration from the rear end when over 45 when on the foot pedal. Take foot off , pedal = no hum . Only does it above 45 mph.
Rear end fluid was just changed and all teeth looked proper and driveline and U joints have no play .
Tires are not swampers yet thats the type of sound/ vib it sounds like .
Any ideas ?

·
Driving Stuff Henry Built
-90 xlt, 351w, e4od, man 1356, 3.55, sag, warn hubs, 35s. -73, 400, np435, d20j twin, 35s
8,414 Posts
Looks like I need to get my post count up to 30 before I can start a post eh?
No, you can start a thread in the Noobie Tech section right away.

And welcome to the site! It's always good to see another 90. :thumbup

When you checked the u-joints, were you in park or neutral? It's better to block the wheels & check in neutral. Sometimes all of the play is taken up in park. Also check the 4 flange bolts that mount the rear driveshaft to the rear end. Those can cause quite a vibration.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Broncos and BMW are just about the only thing I will drive. Both are made to last whatever you can dish out.

·
Premium Member
4,799 Posts
Those wheels came out good with the factory gray engine block color. I think you're probably the first one on here to go gray. Oh and nice deal for $700.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
GetBent4x4 - Thx , picked em up off craigslist for $50 . They were the factory white and haggard . I painted em white again and was ...nah. So then I painted em with Dove Gray and 4 coats of clear . They looked much better but I wasnt going to go all hog wild because it was like trying to polish a turd . lol
They did come out fairly good so thank you.

·
Premium Member
1991 Ford Bronco, w/95frontclip, 6"Superlift, Deaver J40 springs, 35x12.5 K&N, 3"Bassani
416 Posts
Welcome to FSB. You got a hell of truck there for $700. Look's just like mine when I started. Enjoy!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts