Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I already have 3" wide bronco deaver springs and some people say it is better to go with the 2.5" wide F-150 deavers because they will droop more and are a softer ride. Anyone have experience with this? I am looking to put on longer shackles and lower the perches but if its that much better to run the F-150 springs maybe i will wait and get some of those instead. It kind of sounds like more body roll to me though.....Thanks in advance......Roy

·
Registered
383 Posts
I made the switch and believe that it is an improvement. I have another set 2.5 springs available as well.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
I hear about the 2.5" leaves cycling faster and drooping out faster, articulating more, etc, etc. Many of these comments come from experienced sources, so I suppose there has to be some truth to them. Still, I wonder about whether or not I would like it. My 3" wide leaves seem to cycle just fine and droop out very fast (for a leaf spring) and articulate more than I'll ever need. Also, I've seen a number of pics of Dave's (gunit) Bronco coming off jumps and the rear tires are often not drooped out as far as I would expect. In similar pics of my Bronco the rear wheels are at or close to full droop. Is this the leaves fault? Not necessarily... I think it's more likely valving differences. Personally I think I would rather have the wider spring and better roll resistance.

royboyz, if you already have the springs, I don't see any reason to change. Are you having any specific problems with them or the way they handle?

P.S. Dave's truck also sits lower in the rear, so maybe his set up is unique and I'm reading into it too much....

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
royboyz, if you already have the springs, I don't see any reason to change. Are you having any specific problems with them or the way they handle?
No, to me they seem pretty smooth, I just want to get more wheel travel or droop and if I am going to spend money on shackles the F-150 kit at Solo is quite a bit less expensive than the bronco kit. Unless I fab my own......Roy

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How much travel are you getting out of your current springs and how much more are you looking for?
I did cycle it once but it wasn't much I don't remember the number probably about 10" or so. I have 12' stroke shocks tucked under the bed so they have a long way to go yet. I would like to get that autofab 2 link also but he sure is proud of that kit.......Roy

·
Registered
71 Posts
I was told by Deaver that the 3" springs only average around 12" of travel and they just don't pull the droop that the 2.5"s do, I think they may have less ride height as well. I got the 2.5" springs for my Bronco and am running a long shackle setup and pulling 17" of travel with 16" SAW shocks. I believe the springs are at 4" of lift over stock and without fuel and a spare my Bronco sits at ride height with 11" of uptravel which is more than I could have asked for and I am very happy about that. With fuel and a spare I think they will settle to around 8" of uptravel from ride height which is still very good for leafs. The more uptravel you have the better.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts