Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2 1/2" Rough Country lift for my 96 Bronco.

After installing the lift I ended up with a true 2 1/2"s in the rear and about 4 1/4"s in the front. I called Rough Country and they said I probably got the wrong springs somehow for the front.

They were very nice about it and said they will ship me a new set of 2 1/2" spring ASAP.

Has anybody else had a problem like this?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
FSB's Resident A$$HOLE
2,644 Posts
your picture link is saying that the file is inaccessable. get a superford account or host it in the FSB host near the bottom of the forum home page. i woulda kept the 4 too, just did a shackle flip in back and taken the blocks out, just my 2 cents

wes

·
Registered
562 Posts
He can't run 4" coils with that kit...it won't align.

The front coils will settle. I run the same lift on my '96. I'd say put the new 2.5" coils in the garage and run the current setup for a week or two. They'll settle.

If you're measuring a +4" yield from pre-lift, remember your factory coils were sagging an inch before you started.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I can't drive the way it is because the top of the tires are towed out so much that it riding on the sides of the tires. Don't want to spend the money to get it aglined just to find out that it want line up with these springs in it. Will put the new springs in as soon as I get them and sell these 4" ones.

·
huh
1995 Bronco, Slightly Modified
7,220 Posts
jmms said:
Has anybody else had a problem like this?
I installed 2" lift coils and it lowered my truck 1"

Then i installed 4" lift coils and ended up with about 2.5"s of lift..
Its settled to 2" after a month.

Did you install those alignment cam things on the upper balljoints.. that should help you control some of the camber issue. Compare both coils when you get them.. Good luck with it.

·
Registered
140 Posts
you guys think ille be ok with this by skyjacker??...80-96 1.5-2" Lift 4wd coils and add a leafs only ..i think im going to order from 4wheelparts.com

·
College User
2,026 Posts
mike said:
you guys think ille be ok with this by skyjacker??...80-96 1.5-2" Lift 4wd coils and add a leafs only ..i think im going to order from 4wheelparts.com
Both of you will need those adjustible camber bushing for it to be aligned correctly. mike I have that lift and it is good not probs with it and an easy install, but actually lift was only 1 3/4 inches IIRC. Also makes the ride stiffer.

·
Registered
776 Posts
i put a 2.5" kit on mine and got 5.5" of lift, old coils were sagin a crap load, but i did have to put centerix on the top of the front ball joints to fix my camber, i didnt care, more lift for me

·
Registered
140 Posts
does anyone have those daystar 2inch donut thinks that go under your coils...cause i might just do that because my trucks an inch hight in the rear and id rather it be 1inch higher in the front

·
Registered
140 Posts
k maybe someone can help with this....if i did lift it 2inches just in the front to level it out....what would i have to do when i get new shocks...just +2 for the front or would it not hurt to get +2 all around?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts