Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1995 EB, 351W, Auto, Stock (for now)
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new here so please forgive me for starting yet another lift thread. I have searched through every thread I can find and decided to start a new thread in hopes it will help other folks in my situation. The big problem with the other threads is that most are OLD and I can't see any pictures. So...

Can y'all post pics of your FSB with either a 2.5" lift or 4" lift? If you could also post any details on the kit, tire and wheel size, ect. that would be REALLY helpful.

I have a 1995 with the 5.8L, everything is stock, and I just can't decide which route I want to go. Your pictures will help me figure it out. I absolutely do not want the back end to sit lower than the front, and 33's are as big of a tire as I am considering. This Bronco will likely never leave pavement (have another truck and a Mule for that), and is our family "toy". Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
1993 F150 XLT 302 MAF A/T 4x4 2.5" Lift
247 Posts
4" is always good though depending on your usage the 2 1/2" might be better. If you use the truck for work or daily driving / parking garages with just little use off the road on trails imo the 2 1/2" would be better. If being used off road more then on road then the 4".

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
15,126 Posts
94 bronco, 351w, 4" Skyjacker kit with new leaf springs option. 35x12.50x15 BFG AT on 15x10 Mickey Thompson Classic IIs.

If I might make one suggestion. Or three lol.
- Leveling springs suck for ride quality. If you do a 2.5" lift, do the whole kit and not just coils.
- extended radius arms ride much better than dropped factory arms
- get good shocks, it'll ride better.

·
Registered
199 Posts
depending on wheel backspacing, you may need to add a few washers to your front bumper or do a slight trim for 33's with no rub. This only applies to 92-96 from what I have seen.

Based on what you described, I think the 2.5" lift would be what you want.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I appreciate the info given so far. Post more pics fellas!

·
Premium Member
1986 Bronco, 351w, Edelbrock aluminum top end, Holley 600, 4" BDS lift, 35" Maxxis Razr's, stuff..
2,650 Posts
4” BDS front from Graveyard with bilsteins and 4” procomp springs in back with Sky hangers mounted to level. 35s on 9” rims. Rides great and flexes pretty good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
1,593 Posts
4” BDS front from Graveyard with bilsteins and 4” procomp springs in back with Sky hangers mounted to level. 35s on 9” rims. Rides great and flexes pretty good.

nice setup. did you have 3.55?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Biggum, that thing looks great. Thanks for posting!

·
Premium Member
If it is not a Bronco, it's just not worth driving.....
1,849 Posts

Forgive me for hijacking this thread @Chance Love ..........

@biggum
I watched the video you attached of your truck, looks nice. I am wanting to ask about your bed liner paint job. I am thinking of doing the same thing. Are you happy with it? Any pros or cons I should know about?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Forgive me for hijacking this thread @Chance Love ..........

You are forgiven...as long as you post a picture and details of your Bronco.😀
No worries here on the hijacking. I was curious about the bedliner paint job myself.

·
Premium Member
1,849 Posts
Ok, here is my truck. It has a 3" body lift sitting on 35" tires.
I would not recommend the body lift if you plan to off road a lot. Go with the suspension lift instead.

·
Registered
341 Posts
4" BDS Suspension, 33x12.5R15 BFG A/Ts. Rear end is ever so slightly higher than the front. Bilstein 5100's all around, duals up front.

Attachments

Reactions: reds and CZ Eddie

·
Premium Member
1986 Bronco, 351w, Edelbrock aluminum top end, Holley 600, 4" BDS lift, 35" Maxxis Razr's, stuff..
2,650 Posts
Yes, 3.55; it’s okay but 4:11 would be better.

Raptor liner. I’m happy with it and would do it again.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quick question...If I go with a 2.5" lift, will 33x12.50's on 15x8 wheels, with 4" backspacing rub anything?

·
Premium Member
1,849 Posts
Quick question...If I go with a 2.5" lift, will 33x12.50's on 15x8 wheels, with 4" backspacing rub anything?
I have a 3" body lift on my truck and I used to run 33' tires. The only thing I rubbed was the radius arms when turning as tight as possible. You can keep that from happening by using the steering stops on your hubs. Other than that, your lift should be fine.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have a 3" body lift on my truck and I used to run 33' tires. The only thing I rubbed was the radius arms when turning as tight as possible. You can keep that from happening by using the steering stops on your hubs. Other than that, your lift should be fine.
Thanks, man. I'll research those steering stops.

·
Premium Member
1,849 Posts
Here is a thread about tires rubbing on the Radius arms. I posted some pics of my "fix" to my steering stops on post number 18.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Here is a thread about tires rubbing on the Radius arms. I posted some pics of my "fix" to my steering stops on post number 18.

Thanks! That thread helps a lot. I'll definitely keep all that in mind when I get this project going. The pics are a major help.

·
Registered
1992 Eb Bronco 3” lift on 33’s
24 Posts
This is a 2.5 on 16x9 wheels with 285 75 16 tires. I like it, it bigger than stock but not big to the point where you have bad driveline angles.

·
Registered
25 Posts

1995 with a Stage 4 Solo rear set up and a hybrid of solo/giant in the front, about 4 inches, on 32x11.5x15 BFG AT's

1 - 20 of 20 Posts