Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can we share pics of the 2.5" rough country lift installed on our Broncos? I see plenty of 4" & 6", but probably only seen one pic of the 2.5" on the whole forum. Who else runs the 2.5"?

I'm seriously considering getting it instead of the 4" or bigger. Just want a small lift and want to keep things relatively simple.

Thanks!

·
Registered
518 Posts
Not the best picture, but here it is with 33s compared to stock with 31s.

Attachments

·
Registered
518 Posts
Thanks!! Is anything done to the rear? Or is it stock rear with stock block, then RC 2.5" lift kit up in the front? Did you install the radius arm drop brackets too?
So it's stock leaf springs in the rear with the block but eventually those'll get upgrades to complete lift spring packs. And up front, I did install the radius arm drop brackets. But hopefully soon I'll be adding extended radius arms and doing away with the drop brackets. I'm hoping that'll aid in my alignment.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So it's stock leaf springs in the rear with the block but eventually those'll get upgrades to complete lift spring packs. And up front, I did install the radius arm drop brackets. But hopefully soon I'll be adding extended radius arms and doing away with the drop brackets. I'm hoping that'll aid in my alignment.
Is it tough to align right now? I was hoping alignments would still be OK since it's only 2.5" and you're still dropping the position of the radius arms? Are extended even needed for 2.5"?

Any idea how much taller the RC block is compared to the stock block? I was considering just leaving my rear alone and installing the 2.5" in the front, but not sure if it would give me a lean or level. I'm fine with level, but don't really want a lean with the front higher.

·
Registered
1986 Ford Bronco, 351w with edelbrock aluminum top end and holly 600.
2,195 Posts
It looks like there are 2 2.5 kits out there. Rough Country and Tuff Country. Both indicate a 2.5” front lift and a 2” rear lift so they level it a bit depending on how saggy your rear springs are.

Tuff Country Kit is available with our without radius arms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
I have a 2.5" on mine. It has been great for what i have needed. See the pics below.

With 32's

With 33's and Flexing

With 35's

·
FSM Lifetime
2,192 Posts
Here's another idea if one of your goals is simplicity:

https://desolatemotorsports.com/shop/suspension/desolate-motorsports-2-bronco-80-96-stage-1-lift-kit/

Like you, I've been looking at 2.5" kits for awhile, I have no need for a 4" kit since I only want to use my Bronco for light off-roading and stock it's already great for that. I just want a little more height (always nice) and space in case I ever buy 33s.

My personal idea was to combine a small leveling kit like this with a reverse shackle kit for a total 2" lift front and back. It might be slightly shorter, but could work out amazing for my goals.

BRONCOAIR SHACKLE REVERSE BRACKETS

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have a 2.5" on mine. It has been great for what i have needed. See the pics below.

With 32's

With 33's and Flexing

With 35's
Looks great! That's what I'm looking for!

Are you running the drop brackets for the radius arms in front? RC block in the rear? Did you need extended brake lines or are the stockers okay since the lift is only 2.5"?

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here's another idea if one of your goals is simplicity:

https://desolatemotorsports.com/shop/suspension/desolate-motorsports-2-bronco-80-96-stage-1-lift-kit/

Like you, I've been looking at 2.5" kits for awhile, I have no need for a 4" kit since I only want to use my Bronco for light off-roading and stock it's already great for that. I just want a little more height (always nice) and space in case I ever buy 33s.

My personal idea was to combine a small leveling kit like this with a reverse shackle kit for a total 2" lift front and back. It might be slightly shorter, but could work out amazing for my goals.

BRONCOAIR SHACKLE REVERSE BRACKETS
Thanks for sharing. Just checked out your shackle flip link - I may try those at some point too.

I don't see drop brackets in the link for desolate. Do we need them for 2.5" of lift? Probably not I would imagine, but I guess I would feel more comfortable with them.

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
I have a 2” level on the front and .5” block in the rear.

Bilstein doesnt offer application specific 5100 series shocks for under a 4” lift.

Heres what i ended up using and they ride great. You have to go with their 5125 series shocks which are considered for custom applications.

The bronco needs the 360/80 valving front and rear

The front shocks i have are the bilstein 33-230405 which are 10.7” compressed and 16.4” extended.

The rear shocks i have are the bilstein 33-230320 which are 15” compressed and 24.3” extended. Keep in mind you will need to use your rear shocks old sleeves on the end that bolts to the axle. The rear bilsteins come with 1/2” sleeves and the correct sleeves are 12mm

https://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/21-noobie-bronco-tech-questions-flame-free-zone/505012-shock-valving-what-do-i-need-know.html

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
@AUBronco what brand lift do you have? Rig looks great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Mine is an older Rough Country 2.5" Lift. Thanks for the compliments and i will also say that it sits like most 4" lifts do with 35's. What i mean by that is after I installed it I really got about 3-3.5" of lift out of it.

Looks great! That's what I'm looking for!

Are you running the drop brackets for the radius arms in front? RC block in the rear? Did you need extended brake lines or are the stockers okay since the lift is only 2.5"?
I bought my system used from another member here years ago. It has all the drop brackets for the front. At time I wasn't really into studying things like I am now. If I had to do it again I would get one with longer radius arms, not just the drop down brackets and reuse stock arms. I also would have done something different for the rear leafs. I put in Add-a-leafs, which did the job in raising the rear but they are not the smoothest things. I would have likely gone with the pro-comp 4" leaf set and taken my rear block out. The brake lines were stock up until about a year ago and the rubber finally let go. I did put extended lines on it at that time but they weren't really needed.

Do they make any for 2.5" of lift? or would stock height 5125s still work with a little 2.5" lift?
Best thing I ever did to this lift was ditch the rancho 5000 shocks I had. They were complete garbage. I made a call to bilstein and had some conversations about what i had. Since the rear leafs were so stiff they suggested another shock and a set for the fronts. It is night and day difference in the ride. SOOOOO much smoother now.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts