Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For a 2.5 to 3" lift, I do not need the trac bar drop bracket or the drop pitman? It has been too long since I have done susp. lifts. Also on the C-bushings just need the 4 degree, correct? It is a '79 w/ the HP Dana 44 up front. Thanks for any help fellers.

Kirk

·
Premium Member
2,239 Posts
You will need the track bar drop but not the pittman arm drop. I would go with a 7* C-Bushing, even on just a 3" lift as this will keep your front axle more in line with wher it should be. I've been running a 3" Rancho lift for years with 7* C-Bushings and never had an issue with it.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You will need the track bar drop but not the pittman arm drop. I would go with a 7* C-Bushing, even on just a 3" lift as this will keep your front axle more in line with wher it should be. I've been running a 3" Rancho lift for years with 7* C-Bushings and never had an issue with it.
I have had some folks tell me that you do not need the trac bar drop bracket either. Moniey is tight, so I am trying to get out of this on the cheap, but the correct way if you know what I mean. This bronco is not a DD and will probably never see asphalt.

Kirk

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
FYI

Just talked with BGraveyard and Jeff said up to 3" lift only need 4 degree c bushings and an adjustable trac bar. The drop trac bar brackets puts the trac bar too low for that small of a lift.

Kirk

·
is hazardous to others
1,656 Posts
i don't think you would need a drop track bar bracket.. you could always do like i did.. the bend in the trac bar right at the end that bolts to the axle, heat it up and straitin it out to push the axle back to center... just make sure you take the bushing out before you do it.:toothless

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well got the 3" lift installed last weekend...not too bad of a job by yourself if you take your time, about 8 hours in all. Drove it around and man what a difference new bushings make, even without shocks. Shocks should be here later this week and that should make this bronco ride just right. It has never had shocks since I got it and driving it was too fun, if you know what I mean.

Ended up putting a 1.5" block in the back which give just a tad bit of rake towards the front. Got the adjustable trac bar up front, centered the axle and steering is really tight now. I'll post up some pics tomorrow or later, I really need to finish up the rattle can paint job so it is all one color. Maybe I'll do that before I post some pics.

Kirk

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sneak peek

Here is a pic of just the front lifted 3" and the start of my tape-off job:

Used a 6" coil and cut off one bottom section of the coil which gave 3" over stock.

Kirk

·
Registered
980 Posts
It looks a lot better then when you brought it home on the trailor :thumbup
maybe some day I will get mine done too :doh0715:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts