Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to pick up some headers in the next week or so and want to cut out these cheap "turbo" mufflers and weld in some Flowmasters. I want something louder than these turbo, $20.00 mufflers but I dont want something so loud its going to annoy me to death..

The truck is cat-less and I can't decide from Flowmasters site how much louder the 2 chambers really are then the 3 chambers.

Is anyone using Flowmaster, and if so what model?

Anyone tried those Super44's? The newest ones?

·
Registered
164 Posts
I have a 460 with L&L headers with Flowmasters delta 50 (3 chambers) 2.5" and I am happy, so is the wife. If I was still single I might have changed my mind and gone with 2 chambers.

·
www.lifted4christclub.com
2,708 Posts
i had the flowmaster 40's on my 86, really like them. i bought flowmaster 50 for my 78 because i'm married and have a baby on the way. i've heard the flowmaster 44s are louder than the 40s (which were the most aggresive ones until the 44s)

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys.

I'm single, know how to yank out and aim for the chin so I have no kids. Just a dog anda ton of toys.. 40 series sounds like they are calling my name.

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
13,751 Posts
just whatever you do dont get the delta flows many here have not liked them

·
Registered
157 Posts
My 40 series are LOUD but there is 500 hp going through them and they have 5 inch turn downs on them. The are almost 2 loud. But the sound sweet at 6000 rpms. motor is a 460 with LandL shortys and 2.5in pipes

1 - 11 of 11 Posts