Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 88 351W EFI
When removing the EGR valve my friend accidently broke it off right before the tube. Is there any way to run without the EGR valve assembly or should I just suck it up and buy a new one for $75 at Orielleys (sp?)

Also, when moving the ignition coil to get to my valve covers, I noticed the TAD does not have the cover on it (just an exposed spring sticking out) and the TAB cover comes off VERY easy and does not seem like it would stay on. What do these TAB/TAD do? I was thinking about just covering them with ductape unless someone here says Nooooooo.
I found a pic somebody else posted for reference

I allready did searches and came up with nothing

Thanks

B

·
0 Posts
I do not run the smog pump and egr. There are no emissions requirements here. On my 90 I was able to remove the TAB and TAD without getting a "Check Engine" light. I taped them together and stuffed them under the coil. I removed the vacume lines and plugged the intake inlets. I have my egr valve still bolted to the side of the intake and have the electrical connector hooked-up. If you unhook it you get the "Check Engine" light. Youre broken egr valve may still work for you regarding the "Check Engine" light. You might also want to remove the smog pump and rails but be prepaired to plug things up or have exhaust leaking under the hood. You can run without it by getting a shorter belt. Hope this helps, I am not an expert but am running successfully without that stuff.

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
you can make a block off plate for th eintake manifold spot, and plug the exhaust, and rig the EVP sensor(on top of the EGR) so it stays in th eposition that it would be at idle with the EGR, as at idle the EGR does not function

1 - 3 of 3 Posts