Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Joe came over today and helped me install my 2" Tereflex suspension lift kit on my Jeep Cherokee! Joe, thanks so much bro! Your help made all the difference, and dont forget I owe ya a meal like I promised!

A few pix, then a short story...

Before and after

Joe helping out....

The coil spring compressor kit came in yesterday, just in time for today's planned event! Joe, on even a short notice, offered to pitch in, and thanks millions bro, it went a LOT better with help! The front is a 2" coil spacer, the rear is a new set of shackels. I was concerned the front would be difficult, so we started with it first, thinking do the hard part first and finish up on a sweet note... But the back ended up being more of a bear, swaping the factory shackels. The bolt that was included ended up being just enough too short that we didnt get a good thread started, thus ended up striping the end. Joe was good enough to not only help go retreive my damn runaway dog, but to take me to Valley Fastners to get 2 new bolts and nylon lock nuts! When we got back, putting the leafs in the shackels was all that was left, and since the drizzle was on us we hussled them in place in less than 20 minutes. Just in time to take a picture and welcome the rain! All in all this was a good, fairly warm day to do this project. I think we had less than 3 actual hands on hours invested. We took a break or two, fetched a stupid dog back home and went for hardware, but it really went a lot faster than I had anticipated.

Thanks again Joe!
Andrew

·
Registered
952 Posts
Why did you only lift it 2"? What size tires are you planning on running with that?

GO BIG OR GO HOME!!!:goodfinge

·
ASSSSS-HOOOOOLE
2,442 Posts
When exactly did Joe put a spacer on the front coil, looks like he's stealing your air box to me

Have you checked to see if it's still there? i think i saw him selling jeep parts on ebay earlier.

EDIT: Joe do you drive a school bus? SWEET!

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I kept it 2" cause that makes them look a LOT better than stock, and its cheap. The kit was $126 with free shipping from JD's Off Road in New York. They even helped with 2 different tech support calls, simple questions but better to be safe than sorry.

A taller lift, would IMHO look better... However they do cost more (doah?!!) and when you go more than 2 or 2.5, you end up needing a lot of extras, that are not options, such as shocks (I need them now, but can get by for a little while), A slip yoke elimation kit, relocate front break lines and a new break line for the rear. I simply dont have the money to do all that.

However, I do have enough lift to be satisfied with until I can get more money. When I go to either 30's or 31's, Ill need to regear to 4.11, so Ive got a lot I need to save up for.

Right now, its running go kart tires, 225's (28 inch), I have plans to put 235's (29 inch) on to lift it a tad more. Any bigger a tire, Ill really need to regear to keep MPG and power like it is right now.

Joe is under the hood removing the upper shock bolts so we can drop the axle enough to pull the springs. As it is now, the shocks are nearly fully extended, you would never get it to drop as needed with the shocks still on.

HTH,
Andrew

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
You drive out here i'll sell you some 33's and make them fit

·
search, you #$%@! noob
9,997 Posts
that looks damn good andrew. i'm gonna throw a 2" ome lift on my jeep with a 1" body lift so i can throw some 33's on there. did you do a motor mount lift also? how long did the whole thing take you? never mind, just saw that posted.

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
For XJ's, they do a transfer case drop, usually 1", to reduce the drive line angle. However, you USUALLY dont need it with a 2" lift. Shackles thend to point the pinion up a bit so your angle isnt really that bad. I was lucky, I have zero drive line vibrations, which is usually an issue with XJ's.

I know, I know, its not much of a lift, but doesnt it look much better??

·
Zombie Hunter
13,695 Posts
You should be able to run the 29's on the stock rims too right? I'm tellin ya, this is more than a forum. It's where friendships begin......Joe was even nice enough to lower his standards and work on a Jeep for a friend from FSB.

·
Original FSB.COM Owner
9,560 Posts
good pictures Andrew, other than the one of me getting tapped, i'm glad everyone digs my bus, i just got it last week, the lift on the jeep went alot better than i thought it may knowing i know nothing mechanical, i thought i did fairly well handing Andrew the tools as he needed them :toothless had a great time Andrew, thanks for the invite :thumbup

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Original FSB.COM Owner
9,560 Posts
SrATEX said:
looks good...and joe is scruffy as hell...but so am i
haha, yep, i havent shaved for awhile or cut my hair:drinkbud my wife is proud :toothless

1 - 17 of 17 Posts