Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, well I have a 95 eddie bauer E4OD. I have only 2nd (If I put it in manually) and OD. My overdrive light doesn't flash, check engine light isnt on, the only light that is on is the ABS light which I doubt has annthing to do with the trans. I rebuilt it first, ran fine for a month then acted up again, then I bought a used one and had to reuse the shift solenoid, worked for a month then acted up again. Am I right to assume the shift solenoid its the only part I havent changed. And by the way, I looked on here for 6 days at trans threads before posting this. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Any time there is a electrical failure in the trans circuit they will go into 2nd gear to get you home. I know you said no light comes on , but you need to check for codes.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea, sorry, screwed that up. But now, I got 621-----629-----626----in that order, according to your thread that I've read 25 times its definately the solenoid, Now, is there any way to test it?? Or do i just replace it?

·
penis
3,320 Posts
Did a shop replace your tranny or did you? How long ago was it replaced? how many miles ago? Just replaced doesn't mean shit as I use to drive 15,000 miles a month which put my tranny out of protection in 2 monthes. If a shop did it then take it back have them verify codes/sensor is bad and have them replace it either sensor or anything else. I don't mean to sound harsh but I have been screwed by tranny shops before. As long as it is covered take it back let them fix it could be they never pulled a code and/or reset the ECU when they replaced your tranny and your ECU is reading an old code.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I replaced the tranny myself in February, by April it was doing the same thing. As I stated before I had to reuse the shift solnoid out of the old tranny and bought a new PCM. I drove less than 1000 miles a month

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,736 Posts
Yea, sorry, screwed that up. But now, I got 621-----629-----626----in that order, according to your thread that I've read 25 times its definately the solenoid, Now, is there any way to test it?? Or do i just replace it?
Find which solenoid you believe to be the problem (or at least the lines leading to it in the wiring harness, which is much easier than pulling the solenoid pack), then check its resistance with a DVOM by backprobing those wires. Compare it to the following thumbnail's listed values for the solenoid in question.

So you got DTCs 621 and 629 in self-test/on-demand, then 626 after the separator pulse, therefore in continuous memory, right? Unless you've had all three solenoids (SS1, TCC, and CC) somehow, albeit mysteriously, go bad all at once, I think you've got an electrical issue, probably a connector or wire chafing problem.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts