Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
EDIT: Big Red has been sold as of 12-3-03, the '81 and the '83 frame are all that remain

The '81 needs some attention, smokes, carb needs rebuild, needs new exhaust but does run. The '83 frame has 3 flats, rear axle is there as well as front forks and handlebars but that's all. $250.00 OBO for both.

Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've just never liked those particular years body styles, sorry.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
WES said:
look its death on three wheels

wes
Look, what an uninformed statement by someone who was barely 2 when they stopped production :shrug
Over 20 years of riding "death on three wheels" and not one accident or injury. That's possible as long as you're an informed rider who doesn't act like an idiot. If one were to investigate the accidents that led to them stopping production they would see the majority were kids riding powerful trikes(too powerful for many)bought by their parents. Junior thinks it's motorcycle and rides it in that fashion and winds up hurt or dead.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
:stupid

I learned how to ride on 3-wheelers and never had a problem.

·
Registered
769 Posts
ive crashed more on my 87 250r than i ever crashed on my old tri-moto .... 3 or 4 wheels dont matter, it matters how you ride!

·
FSB's Resident A$$HOLE
2,644 Posts
sorry guys, i just had a family member who was severly injured while working in the fields due to a brake lockup because there were only front brakes, i dont know how these are, i was just saying what i think of them now. i prefer something with rear brakes a whole lot more, and the only 3 wheelers ive seen just have a front. sorry if im wrong, just voiving my opinion

wes

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,456 Posts
Yea, those Honda 350 X's (I think thats what they were called) were some badass rides..definitly not for idiots, although plenty bought them..hence their demise...:(

·
Registered
769 Posts
oh yea blaze those things fly, there are alot of fast three wheelers that you need to have experience to ride,
honda 350x,250x,200x,250r,ect ect
yamaha tri-z 250
kawasaki tecate 250
ect ect

nowadays 4wheelers can do 75 but thats the manufactuers limit, you could off set the rev limiter and change the gearing and a 4-stroke will do 80 somtghing!!
hell there is alot of fast dangerous 4wheelers too.

its how ya ride em

·
Registered
145 Posts
75 is the top mph for quads. The new yamahayfz450 does that along with the yamaha raptor. people think some quads do 100mph stock. I hate people who do not know shit and say those things so i walk away or just agree. Im into quads and i will start racing next year and i love riding. Anyone have a quad? I have the 2004 yfz450, stripped down and becoming a full blown mx racer that will begin in july of nest year when im 16.

I would love to get one of those but im throwing all the money into my quad now. :cool:

·
Registered
769 Posts
what are ya doing to the yzf? it is alreday for mx, how much did ya pay for it? im thinkin about getting another quad some time next summer

·
Registered
145 Posts
paid $7100 OTD in Mass. It is a good Mx'er from factory but im really getting into in and once i start next year i plan on just racing for awhile. Im ordering Lonestar DC-4 Longtravel +2 a arms in chrome, and TCS LT shocks to get with them. Also hopefully by my season starting un july i hope to have a LSR axle and 13:1 kit for more torque out of the gate and also a red HMF shorty slip on. I have 8x8 hipers in the rear with razr mx's now, ac nerfs, pro design kill. If you want to see some pics get ahold of me on AIM. its a beastly quad and i love it.

·
Registered
769 Posts
damn sounds good, tcs shocks are the greatest, i had works dual rates on my 250r and they suckes even with the rezzies... how are those hiper wheels? i never seen em' around here

·
Registered
145 Posts
the hipers rule. Ill get some front ones after im all set with other things i want. Ill race with stock tires and rims up front and i should be at 50" even.

Works blow plain and simple

these TCS are triple rate, fully adjustable, LT, etc etc rezzies

·
Registered
145 Posts
i have a john deere rider, 8hp, 2 tears in seat from previous owner. I was that 85 alot. it has kick start? i don't see it.

It looks like 250x motor with kick start and reverse which became a governed, electric start bumped to the 232cc 300ex motor.

How much for the 85? Does it wheelie? lol :toothless :toothless

·
Registered
769 Posts
ya a big red will wheelie, if ya put it in low 1st gear and sit on the rack it will bring the front end up

1 - 20 of 20 Posts