Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did a search and found 4WABS threads but what about 2 wheel rear only ABS problems?
The light blinks off once and stays on steady. No blinking codes. the Bronco is a 1991 full size XLT with 125,000 miles and the 351 ci engine. Should I replace the wheel sensors, abs module, or ?
Jim

·
Driving Stuff Henry Built
-90 xlt, 351w, e4od, man 1356, 3.55, sag, warn hubs, 35s. -73, 400, np435, d20j twin, 35s
8,067 Posts
There's a wire that you temporarily ground to pull rear wheel antilock braking (RABS) codes. There's info in post 8 of this thread on "how to", some testing routines, & more links. It's not complete yet, I've been adding flashout code definitions & testing routines as they come up. Let me know if you need another & I'll try to look it up.

There's pics of the test connector location from both a 90 & a 92 in there. Would you let us know which location is used in a 91?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks,
I printed out the 2WABS section.
Both yellow ABS and red Brake lights were on, so I start at the beginning.
Jim

·
Super Moderator
25,768 Posts
yo,

Good stuff by EL!

and here is some more, for posterity, just in case Sm or whatever goes away....
RABS Troubleshooting Flow Chart
Source: by Steve83 (Steve, That dirty old truck) at SuperMotors.net

This is from da Ford EVTM/Service Manual that you can buy via e bay; but make sure it is da Official Ford stuff and not the Chilton EVTM/SM crap

But El will prob post-up the pin-Point testing.
===

RBS Ckt by Steve

RABS Component Location Info in 90-92 Bronco & 90-96 F Series w/Ford Part Numbers
Source: by Steve83
--------

RABS Functions Diagram
Source: by Steve83
=======
RABS Self Test & Pin-Point Tests in an 88; PARTIAL, does not incl all Trouble Code (has DTCs 2, 4, 5 & 9 tests); Click NEXT to view all pages; miesk5 Note; for all Resistance tests, battery needs to be disconnected; remove Negative cable at battery
Source: by Jem270 at SuperMotors.net

1 - 4 of 4 Posts