Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
FSM Lifetime
4,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a 20-26 foot (not including tongue), bumper pull enclosed car hauler with 5k minimum axles, a minimum of 2 axles. It must be 8.5 feet wide at least and I am hoping for taller than the 6.5 feet ones I've seen for sale everywhere.

I'm sure there are several members here who own or have owned similar. So, tell me what I might forget to lookout for, or any problems you've had with any brands or companies out there.

If anyone is looking to sell theirs hey let me know, or if you make trailers or know someone who does and is willing to give a FSB girly a break let me know :toothless

Audra :beer

·
tactical-mike
5,560 Posts
i had a haulmark 24 x 8 car hauler. i liked it and never had any problems with it. i towed it everyweekend sometimes 3 times a week for 4 years. i raced mx out of it. wish i had kept it.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
i have a 28' haulmark, i havent seen another 28 footer around but its got 2 7k axels on it and looks, hauls, and has held up great. but its only 6.5ft inside so my bronco doesnt fit. but for my other toys its great. i bought it used, for a car and 2k

·
FSM Lifetime
4,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm hoping for taller just so I can get a C350 in it on an as needed basis. Most of the times that height would barely work for my c150. I'm also hoping with a quick swap of tires my 78 could fit every once in awhile.

I measured and weighed out on the scale today to try and figure out exactly what I need.

I did look at the Haulmarks Mike, just dang they are awful proud of them. But a real pretty trailer for the use.

·
Registered
966 Posts
I had a H&H 24ft 102' wide, was a great pulling trailer. I used it to move from CA back to KS when i got out of Active duty. I would have keep that trailer but the Bronco would not fit in it unless swapped out tires and as much as i would use it, wouldnt have been worth the hassle. All LED lights 7k axles. If i were to buy another enclosed i would go with the H&H again. Very well built.

Nate

·
Registered
966 Posts
I've considered that I would have to swap the tires out but I figure it won't be too bad, and worth it to be able to haul real tools with me when I go wheeling. :D

For sure. I would get a generator and or a gas powered compressor and you will be in there. Just shop around and look around for witch sounds like you are and a good deal will come your way.

·
FSM Lifetime
4,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Right but that is literally the difference between the ones that are only 6 foot inside and the ones that are 6.5 foot. I know I can get it into a 6.5 foot tall one just by airing down tires for the approach angle if I had to. You can also add another half foot of height for around 29/linear foot at a couple of places I have looked.

Most importantly it would be able to haul the show bronco. 2ndly I would be able to use it for anything else I wanted to.

Most of the places advertise they have dexter axles. I'd prefer torsion over a spring setup, and dexter does offer those.

Funny to thinkabout that knowing that those axles are probably ship;ping out of Iowa to wherever I grab my trailer from.

·
FSM Lifetime
4,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah it is a four placement snowmobile trailer, but a lot of those nicer ones could handle a fullsize truck. This one can't. Just got off ofthe phone with the owner, it has the wimpy 3500 pound axles under it :(

And youre right it would not pull as nice with the truck weight up that high.

·
FSM Lifetime
4,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
aw heck Sorry Mike, yeah I've got tons of info. Still need it? I was coming in here to update this and saw your post. Very reasonable price and very good people I personally drove out to their business and checked out that trailer.

·
tactical-mike
5,560 Posts
aw heck Sorry Mike, yeah I've got tons of info. Still need it? I was coming in here to update this and saw your post. Very reasonable price and very good people I personally drove out to their business and checked out that trailer.
yes, im gonna need one to carry the mustang in.
:beer

·
They call me "MR FLAT TIRE"
4,598 Posts

here are the 2 car haulers we have. the v-nose is the newest. door height is 79" IIRC and the width OA is 102" both pull quite nice.

Ask anything via PM if you want.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Try to go minimum of 7k axles........with these axles the floor will be (or should be) beefier and you'll not have to worry about overloading when adding tools, supplies, compressor, generator and of course your Bronco.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts