Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was considering purchasing some 20" rims for my bronco. ive had the plain jane bronco, the jacked up one, and now i want a gangster bronco. ive done some searching but couldnt bring up a thing, ive seen pictures of a bronco with 20"s on it here, lost it though maybe someone could repost? so im sure they make one for the 5-5.5 bolt pattern? would i need some full lift or just a coil spacer in the front? any more information i would need before preceding?

·
Garage kept
1,185 Posts
huh?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Cool. To each their own.

What series tires you planning on running with such a large rim?

Typically, I don't condone doing such things to a 4x4. In my view, all 4x4s should be jacked up and massive (larger then 35s) meats should be on them. But, I'm open minded and can appreciate any custom work someone is willing to put into their ride to make it "their ride".

Good luck. Post pics.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i dont do much off roading anyway, im just making a cruiser out of this bronco. ive been there done that with the lifts and big tires and off roading. i have no idea about what series tires, definitely not low-profile though. i was just wondering if any type of lift was needed or any other special things.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Well, the series of tire you use is going to determine how much lift you are going to need.

You need to figure out what overall size tire is going to be.

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,738 Posts
That's gonna ride like shit if you go with low-profile tires, which is almost requisite when going with that large of a rim. I'd think long and hard about it; there's more than just looks to ponder.

But in my humble opinion, I second the :uke:

·
Registered
213 Posts
I'd like to put 20's on my bronco too. Along with some rockwells and big military tires :toothless

But all in all, I would only go with "bling" 20's if it was a show truck, bags, and maybe a blown 392 stroker. Could be a clean ride if you do it right, ;)

·
Registered
58 Posts
They make and I sell TONS of 20's with a 5x5.5 pattern.

I'm not totally sure what the max width out trucks can take is but i figure this will be a good tire size for what your looking to do. and i dont think you will need a lift:

305-50-20

that should convert out to being 12inches wide
and the overall tire diameter should be around 32inches

The sidewall would be over 4 inches.
(Disclaimer: i did all that math in my head, so if some of its wrong sorry)

so if our trucks can take a 32x12.50 then you should be okay....

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I like the idea but I would drop it and go with the low profile tires...I just like that look on Suvs and the like...I would like to have another Bronco that was just for street play (2wd) and do something like that...I am thinking of the Bronco that someone had modifide enough to sit the frame on the ground...

·
Registered
297 Posts
CrazyBRONCOguy said:
Guy called Broncodubs on here has em, his is white.
I think it looks decent.
Thats me. Thanks by the way.

They have a good amount of rims in our pattern that will fit the 4wheel. You can start out by checking centerline out. Right now I only have street tires 285/50/20 no lift. Hopefully by next year I will have the truck lifted. I am still going to run 20's but with a set of 37" nitto mud grapplers. I will either have a 6inch with 3 inch body or a full 8 inch lift.

·
Registered
686 Posts
That's nothing, I know all you guys will hate on me but I live in florida, so I love big rides with big rims. I'm going with a 22 and some 37 13.50 22 Mud grapplers once I figure out the engine problem. I'm tired of breaking stuff and messing up my paint on the trail with my bronco so I'm going to " Bling bling" it, Don't get me wrong I'll probly end up getting and older bronco to beat but this bronco has taken enough beating.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts