Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My parents are looking to spend around $200 on me this year (along with some pre-determined gifts) and I still don't know what I want.

Any suggestions? She said she doesn't want to give me work on the truck (aka brake job, alignment, whatever). I was thinking of maybe asking for a CB but I have to order it NOW to get it on Friday (And that may be a stretch).

What do you suggest?
 

·
crank trigger
Joined
·
8,158 Posts
tools, tools, tools, tools
do you have a nice timing gun/tach/dwell meter yet?
doooo you have a nice tool chest?
dooooooo you have sweet set of wrenches/sockets in a carrying case for the road?
ddddddddddooooooooooo you have ....awww you get the pic. and save $20 for me cause i like lots of free beer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
172 Posts
killer stereo, speakers, a light bar with lights, an FSB t-shirt, calender, mug, body lift, FSB membership, an a lap dance at the local strip club.. :twotu:
pay my tab at the bar that would be cool..:thumbup
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
broncobuster said:
killer stereo, speakers, a light bar with lights, an FSB t-shirt, calender, mug, body lift, FSB membership, an a lap dance at the local strip club.. :twotu:
pay my tab at the bar that would be cool..:thumbup
I said only $200! :histerica


I was just told that she could (in much disgust) could just set $200 under the tree...but she really doesn't want me to do that. I think I'm just going to do it, though, because after-christmas sales = happy me.


If I did get a CB though, are firestick antennas any good? I really don't want a whip style on it.
 

·
Zombie Hunter
Joined
·
13,696 Posts
I'm getting 5-6 miles without a firestick......thinking about buying one. Still need to figure out what RF gain does, not really sure where to set it. But on the trip to CT to get the donor Bronco, i was talking to trucks 5-6 miles around me.

Think i am going to end up getting a firestick and getting it tuned.

My Cobra unit, a 48" fiberglass wire wrapped whip, mounting bracket, spring for the attenna and 18 foot of coaxial cost me 118.00
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,403 Posts
BUY TOOLS! My parent's spend about the same, they're just giving me a $200 visa gift card to put towards a mig. They won't get me car parts for Christmas anymore because I never keep vehicles very long. They justify gifts by how long I'll actually benefit from them.
 

·
crank trigger
Joined
·
8,158 Posts
i can sympathize with your folks. we would always get all these parts for my brother in law and he would sell the machine right after he installed them. It kind of makes you feel less like you are getting someone presents and more like you are just a parts source. we just give him money and he can do what he wants.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What CB should I get? I want a Cobra but I have NO idea which one is good or what features to look for.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
784 Posts
im glad to see parents giving money. im tired of sweaters/pajamas. everyone should give money for xmas, and then we'd all break even. wouldnt that be nice?
 

·
Zombie Hunter
Joined
·
13,696 Posts
Ziggy_Moto said:
What CB should I get? I want a Cobra but I have NO idea which one is good or what features to look for.
It's not so much in the radio as in the anttenna. Mine has a PA setting a 9/19 channel button (9 emergency and 19 common station) RF gain, squelch and volume.

My antenna is a 4 foot fiberglass.....i guess the better than the antenna, the better the reception.

I am pretty happy with my Cobra unit.
 

·
Yup, I'm fullsize....
Joined
·
1,798 Posts
Ziggy_Moto said:
My parents are looking to spend around $200 on me this year (along with some pre-determined gifts) and I still don't know what I want.

Any suggestions? She said she doesn't want to give me work on the truck (aka brake job, alignment, whatever). I was thinking of maybe asking for a CB but I have to order it NOW to get it on Friday (And that may be a stretch).

What do you suggest?
Try a savings account to save up for bigger, better mods for the Bronco.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
unixdude said:
Try a savings account to save up for bigger, better mods for the Bronco.
Well, I thought about this, but in reality if it went into the bank it would come out as money for gas and other bills, and I don't want that...I'd like to spend it now on something I want then it just blend in with my already-there-but-not-for-long stash.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,133 Posts
Tools are fun.

Sliders are fun.

Hookers are fun. (at the moment anyway)

Getting your gutter cracks fixed is fun.

AEM dry flow air filters are fun.

OBA is fun.

A saginaw PS pump is fun.

A shift kit is fun.

A CD player is fun.

If it was my truck, I'd get the saggy pump and finish up with tools.
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top