Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Im scared of jopes
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been searching craigslist, Found this

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/rds/pts/1818224849.html

I just put a 6" lift in my bronco, Hasn't even hit the road yet. How much of this lift would still be useable?

I know there will be fabricating, Just not sure how much. Swapping into a 1978 bronco too.

EDIT:

Just found these as well

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/pml/pts/1787651861.html

Dana 60 front for 500 bucks, Then I just grab a rear from something else for 150 or so. Once again how much different is this front axle?

·
Registered
9,896 Posts
The first one is a Dana 60 with Coil springs..

The 2nd one is a Dana 60 with leaf springs..

Both seem to have the matching rear axle to go with it.

·
Registered
9,896 Posts
The first one is a Dana 60 with Coil springs..

The 2nd one is a Dana 60 with leaf springs.. Plus he sounds like a chevy guy.. A lot of the terms he used to describe the axles is Chevy wording..

Both seem to have the matching rear axle to go with it.

·
Im scared of jopes
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I would rather coil's because I have brand new coils, but I have heard mounting point is wider on these axles, So if I chopped everything down on the front axle till it was clean and welded the perches on, Would my radius arms bolt up? Or is the axle housing bigger?

·
Im scared of jopes
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Forget my last post, Housing is to big, But since I cant weld big stuff like suspension. The guy I bought my 38's off of can, And is willing to swap in 1 tons to my truck, Like the 07 350 axles, Fab his own radius arms on it, Do all the shit I cant do, All he wants in return is my half ton axles, Worth about 3-400 for the set out here. So my 38's and rims would be for sale, Now for the 1 tons in that year rims are metric or stud spacing or something, Anyway to change that so I can bolt on a set of rims from any old 1 ton ford dodge or chevy??

·
OMG its almost a
1,368 Posts
Anyway to change that so I can bolt on a set of rims from any old 1 ton ford dodge or chevy??
Wheel spacers/adapters are really the only option to go to the old 8 lug pattern. The 8x170 is becoming more popular though as the lug pattern has been out for a few years now. Also you can buy recentered H1 wheels in the 8x170 pattern. I opted to buy the 16" stock steel superduty wheels and weld on my own beadlocks to run my 11-16 XML's.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts