Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

41 - 60 of 89 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,073 Posts
You can run any 5w30. Supertech or even cheaper chevron from walmart's site is good enough. 16" wheels wont fit; but rest assured you can run 2020 wheels if you keep checking craigslist. King Ranch Wheels are popular too I have a set for my 2v SD.

·
Addicted to Junk
11,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
You can run any 5w30. Supertech or even cheaper chevron from walmart's site is good enough. 16" wheels wont fit; but rest assured you can run 2020 wheels if you keep checking craigslist. King Ranch Wheels are popular too I have a set for my 2v SD.
I went with motorcraft synthetic blend 5w30.

I'll just use the factory wheels for now. Paint em black to match the bumpers and grille. Lol, I realized the other day that this thing has those damn TPMS in the wheels.

Do you know if headlights from a 2008-10 econoline will fit? They sure look the same. Just to broaden my searches at the JY...

·
Addicted to Junk
11,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Funny, I was looking at converting to lighted and powered mirrors last night and saw some inexpensive mirrors. Seems the conversion is fairly straightforward

·
Addicted to Junk
11,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Absolutely had to replace the factory AM/FM only radio in this thing. So I picked up a modest JVC Double DIN unit with bluetooth and aux input. Nothing real special about it. I'll be taking the sub and amp out of the van, and putting it in too. While I had the radio out, I decided it would be a good time to install the upfitter switch relay pack and harness.

Got the bracket and relay pack in no problem. It goes in behind the side dash panel when you open the driver door.

When I removed this harness from the donor truck, the main power plug was wayyyy up in the center of the dash, behind the radio kind of. I actually had to slice open the dash to get it unplugged. Even then I had to use a screwdriver to depress the clip. I sliced this utility tray open. So I was not looking forward to installation. It was left of the back left corner of this tray thingy.

Much to my surprise, I found the plug just above the accelerator pedal, with the correct dummy plug in it. So what I figured would take an hour and lots of cussing, took 5 minutes! Look at that gray plug above the dash support! So much easier

Now I just gotta get the switches. Well actually the switches are easy. Summit sells the motorcraft unit of 4 switches, and at a reasonable price under 50 bucks. The little cubby/coin holder/trailer brake that takes up the other half is the hard part. Cant even find the right one on ebay.

·
Addicted to Junk
11,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Ordered a set of mirrors last night. They are the 2017 style, fit for an 08-16. Smoked turn signals, heat, and power adjustment. Supposedly most of the wiring for these is already in the truck. I'll have to get the door to main harness wiring and the switch. I see Amazon has a kit for this, but I want to investigate more. Until then, they'll work manually.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/-2017-Style-2008-2016-Ford-F250-F450-Power-Heated-Smoke-LED-Signal-Tow-Mirrors/362553588889?pageci=7cf8f2cc-d4fa-4556-9ac0-4e52a9bf674b

·
Premium Member
4,073 Posts
That is amazing someone in the OE world came out with 2017+ mirrors that are a direct bolt on to trucks all the way back to 99. I'm guessing the side "parking" sensors have been deleted from the housing. Very cool. Another thing is mods that are actually plug and play is mind boggling it exists after working on bronco/obs for so many years.

·
Addicted to Junk
11,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
That is amazing someone in the OE world came out with 2017+ mirrors that are a direct bolt on to trucks all the way back to 99. I'm guessing the side "parking" sensors have been deleted from the housing. Very cool. Another thing is mods that are actually plug and play is mind boggling it exists after working on bronco/obs for so many years.
Correct, these dont have the parking or lane sensors, or the puddle lamps.

Been perusing the web for a good write up and I cant find one. They're all for adding 08 mirrors to 99-07 or adding power fold. Guess I'll just wing it!

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
I’ve done the 6.4 mirrors onto to a 7.3 for a bunch of people, it is stupid easy. So I’d imagine the 6.7 mirrors onto your 6.4 body style truck are just as easy

·
Addicted to Junk
11,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
I’ve done the 6.4 mirrors onto to a 7.3 for a bunch of people, it is stupid easy. So I’d imagine the 6.7 mirrors onto your 6.4 body style truck are just as easy
I mean since I dont have power mirrors currently... or power windows or locks for that matter. From what I've gathered, the wiring wont be there on my truck, so I've gotta source that too

FTE.com really sucks in this aspect. 75% of the threads there either have one reply or link back to the same thread from 2005 that isn't really related because it's about 99-07 with different plugs, wires, and switches.

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
Yeah, I dunno on the power, but it should be simple enough either way...

Or just leave them unplugged. I have Lariat power everything mirrors on my XL 7.3, I just put them on and adjust manually. The wiring wasn’t there in mine

·
Addicted to Junk
11,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Yeah, I dunno on the power, but it should be simple enough either way...

Or just leave them unplugged. I have Lariat power everything mirrors on my XL 7.3, I just put them on and adjust manually. The wiring wasn’t there in mine
They are supposed to get here friday, and they'll be going on Saturday, wired or not. Eventually I want to wire them up. But until then, I'll settle for manual adjust! Gotta be better than the silly paddle mirrors.

Getting some new shoes for her tomorrow
315/70R17 Firestone Destination MT2s. I loved the two sets of the original Destination MT I had (except on ice!) and the MT2 looks a bit better for the street. My 2.5" lift coils and bilstein shocks should be her tomorrow.

·
Addicted to Junk
11,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Got my tires put on this morning!
Before:

After pics arent the best, due to the high noon sun

·
The Tennessee Warden
2,792 Posts
Coil packs were the 5.4. the 4.6 was bulletproof.

I looked back in my files for my old 2007 F-150 with the 4.6 “Triton” engine and I had to have one of the coil packs replaced under warranty at around 10,000 miles or so. There was also a TSB on that generation of F-150s for the plastic cowl under the windshield coming apart at the seam between the wiper arms. The fix? A freaking sheet metal screw to hold it down. :histerica

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I had the 4.6 in my 99 expy. My mechanic and the guys on the expy forum always said lucky me cause the 5.4 had so many issues. Almost 250k on her when I let her go :frown2: and still running smooth & strong. Never had to replace any of the coil packs... Vacuum elbows and egr were all the engine ever needed after plugs n wires (last change was 100k miles before we did it). Loved that truck but she was being eaten alive. Thanks NWPA :madder:

·
Addicted to Junk
11,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Looks nice with those wheel wells filled up! Did I read you have leveling coils and shocks too?

Thanks, I think so too. The old bfg rugged trails were so tiny

Yep, 2.5" Rancho coils and a set of bilstein 5100 series for the front. They showed up this morning! Hopefully that doesnt put too much height under the front. Shouldn't.

·
The Tennessee Warden
2,792 Posts
Thanks, I think so too. The old bfg rugged trails were so tiny

Yep, 2.5" Rancho coils and a set of bilstein 5100 series for the front. They showed up this morning! Hopefully that doesnt put too much height under the front. Shouldn't.

Yeah, those rugged trails aren’t much more than a street tire. As far as the front height is concerned, I’m sure you measured the difference right? You could always just throw a big heavy bumper and winch in the front - that’s probably good for 250 lbs! Lol :thumbup

41 - 60 of 89 Posts