Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

61 - 80 of 89 Posts

·
Addicted to Junk
11,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Yeah, those rugged trails aren’t much more than a street tire. As far as the front height is concerned, I’m sure you measured the difference right? You could always just throw a big heavy bumper and winch in the front - that’s probably good for 250 lbs! Lol :thumbup
Haha yeah, and they were cracked every half inch around the sidewall. Plenty of tread left, but they looked worse than my high-altitude-sun baked swampers from 2002.

I didn't measure :fishead Mainly because the f350 has a 4" block in the rear vs the f250 with 2" blocks. All the leveling spacer kits are 2.5" so I should be just fine. Measuring by eye says theres much more room above the rear tires than the fronts. I dont care much for spacers so for the same basic price I went full springs. $200 for the pair.

I was gonna paint the wheels black. Thoughts??

·
The Tennessee Warden
2,792 Posts
Damn - at that angle, that’s a pretty decent rake, you’ll be fine with 2.5” coils I bet. You may still get some rake after they break in. Haha

I’m not sure about the black wheels - hard to say. You could try what I do now and then - take a pic from the side and do a little photo editing to make the wheels black and see how it looks. If you do it, I wouldn’t leave the center caps silver though. My 2¢.

·
Addicted to Junk
11,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Damn - at that angle, that’s a pretty decent rake, you’ll be fine with 2.5” coils I bet. You may still get some rake after they break in. Haha

I’m not sure about the black wheels - hard to say. You could try what I do now and then - take a pic from the side and do a little photo editing to make the wheels black and see how it looks. If you do it, I wouldn’t leave the center caps silver though. My 2¢.
Yeah, it does kinda have a race car rake Haha! And its pointing slightly uphill

Haha this ain't my creeper van with dog dish hub caps, the whole wheel and cap would be black. They need painted, especially the caps. Maybe just a bit darker gray. Everything else on the truck is black. I think the photo edit thing might be the way to go. Of course, I havent even turned my computer on in a month

·
Addicted to Junk
11,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
I've decided on black wheels. When I washed the truck today in prep for the roll on bedliner, I realized my spare is black. Mocked it up and liked it.

Holy crap the bed was rusty! Used the pressure washer to remove all the loose chipping paint. Then i used two full cans of rust reformer to cover all the rust.

Bought one gallon of duplicolor bed liner, which I've used many times with success. Now to find the half gallon I've got floating around...

·
Addicted to Junk
11,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Got the box out and took it to the car wash. Got most all the flaking paint off and it all cleaned up.

Then I went at it with those two cans of rust reformer. Once dry I got in there and scuffed the entire bed floor and sides with red scotchbrite. Ran out of time for the liner. That's planned for Saturday if it isn't raining

·
Addicted to Junk
11,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Damn, that’s a lot of bed to scuff by hand. Did you have to re-grease your elbow?!
Lol yup, got an 8 foot bed that never has to be made... I started with the wire brush on the flaking paint and said fukk that and went to the carwash.

Oh and I have a grease zerk on each elbow, so it's as simple as hooking up the grease gun

·
Addicted to Junk
11,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Mirrors are on! Not wired, but on.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Now I'm gonna sound really stupid , and likely embarrass myself here (wouldn't be the first time 😏) but why do u call it a gasser?

·
The Tennessee Warden
2,792 Posts
Now I'm gonna sound really stupid , and likely embarrass myself here (wouldn't be the first time ) but why do u call it a gasser?
Typically, the term “gasser” is used for dragsters that run on pump gas instead of race fuel. I think our friend here is just telling us his Super Duty is a gas engine and not diesel. (I’d insert a thumbup here but I can’t even do it anymore lol, since I’m just gonna use Tapatalk now.)

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Doesn't taptalk offer stock emojis on the keyboard @MS88Bronc ?
Ps thanks for the explanation 😀

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Typically, the term “gasser” is used for dragsters that run on pump gas instead of race fuel. I think our friend here is just telling us his Super Duty is a gas engine and not diesel. (I’d insert a thumbup here but I can’t even do it anymore lol, since I’m just gonna use Tapatalk now.)
To piggyback on this, I think it's pretty common in the automotive world for guys to refer to diesels as "oil burners" among other things. Just in case you see that thrown around.

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
Not meaning to keep going a little off topic of bigblue’s build, but in the world of fullsize trucks the term gasser is typically used to differentiate from the truck being a diesel.
Either that, or he has secret plans to stick the nose up high and build it like a 60’s drag car

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
To piggyback on this, I think it's pretty common in the automotive world for guys to refer to diesels as "oil burners" among other things. Just in case you see that thrown around.
Thanks for that... I have seen that before 👍

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Not meaning to keep going a little off topic of bigblue’s build, but in the world of fullsize trucks the term gasser is typically used to differentiate from the truck being a diesel.
Either that, or he has secret plans to stick the nose up high and build it like a 60’s drag car
😂😂💯 Would love to see that. Hey @BigBlue 94 u build ur nose in the air and I'll do the leopard print interior 👍

·
Addicted to Junk
11,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
😂😂💯 Would love to see that. Hey @BigBlue 94 u build ur nose in the air and I'll do the leopard print interior 👍
Well I do have a pair of 2.5" leveling springs going in up front... and nose high on a pickup is one of those bro things that I'm not into! You know the ones with a 6" lift up front and nothing in the back. If I do that, you're going full on pimp interior :ROFLMAO:

Yup, gasser just means not a diesel in this application. As mich as I miss my old 7.3 96, the upkeep on them is too costly for me right now.

61 - 80 of 89 Posts