Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

81 - 89 of 89 Posts

·
USAF C-17 Maintenance
6,910 Posts
You got a 4x4 gasser version of what I bought new.

If you are towing heavy, I reccomend the Valair dual disc ceramic clutch. Even on the loony tune with the turbos wound up tight, that clutch locks like a bank vault. Minor squeal off the line, but not annoying.

I love the L and R in a line for easy shifting when putting a trailer in a tight spot.

Adrianspeeder

·
Addicted to Junk
11,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
Nice to see ya pop your head in AS!

I dont do heavy towing, but maybe will haul the bronco to moab if I find a cheap good trailer. I really love the six speed. The R-L shift gate is great indeed. With the zf6 and 4.10s it has plenty of power. Not a dog like many 5.4 owners say.

The guy I bought it from put a new clutch in when he swapped out the blown 5.4L. I found out from the titles that he only put 38 miles on it. Said he used it to take his boat to the river, like .25mile away. I think he bought it with the blown engine.

I've put about 4000 miles on it now and love it. Finally got a chance to change the oil. The filter was dated from 2015!!! Holy crap. 2 quarts of 5w30 and 5 quarts of 10w30.

I did finally get the SCT tuner divorced from my totalled mustang, so maybe this weekend I'll get it married to the f350.

I also bought a new set of upfitter switches to go with my JY harness. Got some lights to wire up and a factory e-locker for the 10.5 coming for Christmas. I have a rear LS, but it's not working anymore I dont think.

I did replace the giant ugly intake tube. Found a K&N elbow at the JY and made my own using that.

20191128_164930.jpg

·
Addicted to Junk
11,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
I was pulling into my driveway last night and apparently my temporarily clamped and bailing wired muffler fell off and I ran over it. Pretty crunched, but still sealed up I think. Now it sounds like a race truck.

I did get my SCTx4 married up to the truck. Disappointed that it only shows pedal voltage, spark advance, and ECT degrees. In my other vehicles it would show all sorts of cool info.

Getting codes p0320 and p0420, I think. Something to do with inefficient egr or cat or something. Think my cats are clogged? The heat shields are full of Oklahoma red dirt and rust.

·
In Front of Jopes
3,565 Posts
Cut your cats off? I think Junior from Reno 911 wants to have a few words with you....JK

However look on the bright side, its not Jim freaking Dangle!

Attachments

·
Addicted to Junk
11,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
I am in a state with zero testing or inspections... but I'd rather have cats on it.

·
In Front of Jopes
3,565 Posts
The 7.3 I have doesn't even have cats from the factory. I was giving you crap anyway.

81 - 89 of 89 Posts