Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last time i heard anything about this was in 2004. Now they're supposedly going into production? Anyone know more info on these? Thanks.

What the hell?

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
that was the worst grammar of any site ive been to. and im sick of it until i find out direct from a real source. and unless its got a little diesel or v8 in it i could care less.

·
Premium Member
12,534 Posts
2009 Ford Bronco will be lower than the price of $ 10,000 USA, according to the report
I'll believe that when I see it, and if it is that price range it will be a big POS. It will be right up there with a Yugo.

·
search, you #$%@! noob
9,995 Posts
unless its got a little diesel or v8 in it i could care less.
i feel exactly the same way, and i think this sums up consumers' attitudes about what they would like to see in the new vehicles. sadly, i'm not sure the manufacturers are listening.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
if i had the time and money i would find a wrecked diesel Excurtion 4x4 and cut the second set of doors out and shorten it. I would rebadge it with some old Bronco name plates and fool everyone!

·
Registered
184 Posts
They should label it a BII as thats really all it is. Its not a "Bronco". Everyone knows a Bronco has shitloads of torque, horrible gas mileage, great offroading capabilities and one of the best plow trucks. None of which youd find in that Bronco.

The day they come out with a V8 or a diesel is the day you'll see me at the local Ford dealership bending over and grabbing my ankles. Its just too bad we'd never see the 7.3L in it, but instead the 6L if there ever was hope. I enjoy beating the piss out of my Bronco and hauling my car trailer around with 4-5 ATVs on it, something that Bronco wouldnt be capable of.

-Tyler

·
Formerly vt89gtvert
2,425 Posts
They should label it a BII as thats really all it is. Its not a "Bronco". Everyone knows a Bronco has shitloads of torque, horrible gas mileage, great offroading capabilities and one of the best plow trucks. None of which youd find in that Bronco.

The day they come out with a V8 or a diesel is the day you'll see me at the local Ford dealership bending over and grabbing my ankles. Its just too bad we'd never see the 7.3L in it, but instead the 6L if there ever was hope. I enjoy beating the piss out of my Bronco and hauling my car trailer around with 4-5 ATVs on it, something that Bronco wouldnt be capable of.

-Tyler
I didn't know this. I always thought it was better to buy something a little more heavy duty to take the abuse of plowing????? Not that you can't make a bronco on One ton, but it didn't come from the factory that way?

Don't know for a fact, as I live where we don't plow alot, but what I have been told.

·
Lick my
2,086 Posts
I didn't know this. I always thought it was better to buy something a little more heavy duty to take the abuse of plowing????? Not that you can't make a bronco on One ton, but it didn't come from the factory that way?

Don't know for a fact, as I live where we don't plow alot, but what I have been told.
The strength of the truck is not always the most important for plowing. If it was, you would never see a plow on a Jeep or any import truck. Sometimes its about the size or how it is going to be used. Some guys only need a small truck to plow a small lot or a driveway. If you are plowing commercially, a bigger truck would do better as it can handle more abuse than a smaller truck.

Back on topic, I wont buy a Bronco unless its older than 96. I think every truck that comes out today is weak. I actually saw a brand new F350 going across some train tracks the other day and it looked like the frame was twisting (the guy was going maybe 20 mph at the most).

·
Registered
184 Posts

Not necessarily the best, but one of my personal favorites. The extremely short wheelbase makes 3pt turns doable in the middle of a road, something you wont see out of an F350 or the like. Around here you can have a rotted out any year Bronco with a plow on it and still get $2000 for it no problem. Theyre great for small lots and driveways, the kind of account plowing most people do on their own if not working for a town or the state.

-Tyler

·
formerly Nascarfreak88
1,809 Posts
Back on topic, I wont buy a Bronco unless its older than 96. I think every truck that comes out today is weak. I actually saw a brand new F350 going across some train tracks the other day and it looked like the frame was twisting (the guy was going maybe 20 mph at the most).
have you forgotten the frame flex of the '96 and older fords??

notice the front fender by the door....

you should see my buddies '96 4 door long bed PSD f3... the frame flexes more then the springs do :rofl:

depending on what they based the bronco off of, it could have potential. From the pics, that looks like it might be based of an Edge or Escape Platform. I doubt it will have a solid front axle... might even have IRS like the new exploders do... and a V6 would most likely be the biggest motor. People want power, but who wants to pay to feed that power?

·
Lick my
2,086 Posts
I really cant say if Ive ever noticed frame flex on an older truck. Most of the ones around here are so rotted or beaten from hard use as a mexican junk truck that the bed mounts are gone.

·
I have a Straight Six
3,443 Posts
DEARBORN, Mich. — Ford is working on reviving its Bronco SUV nameplate as a compact CUV, which would be smaller than Toyota's RAV4 and would challenge Chevrolet's small Aveo.

According to supplier sources familiar with the plan, Ford's program code for the new Bronco is BV409 or 410. Look for the vehicle to appear around model-year 2008 or 2009 — it will likely be based on the next-generation Ford Fiesta subcompact platform, which is likely to arrive in 2008.

Ford showed a prototype called Bronco at the 2004 Detroit Auto Show. The production model would have styling inspired by that of the 1966 Ford Bronco. We say "inspired by" and not "mimicking" because the new Bronco is likely to be as far removed from the original as Dodge's new Charger sedan is from the classic two-door for which it is named. The new Bronco wouldn't have off-roading chops and would lack a V8 engine, and would therefore not appeal to hard-core old Bronco fans.

But done properly, the new Bronco could be a small, highly fuel-efficient, youth-oriented vehicle that is not embarrassing — perhaps even a cult vehicle. The mitigating factor will be styling. If the Bronco doesn't look like mom and dad's SUV, but has styling with contemporary significance to match affordability and outstanding gas mileage, it could be a big hit.

What this means to you: If you are young or budget-conscious, the Bronco could be a stylish alternative to such mainstream vehicles as Chevrolet's Aveo.
You have got to be kidding me.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
since they are saying it could be based on the feista platform, does that mean it will be a uni-body chasis? if so, this could mean it will be a front wheel drive pos that rides on 13" wheels.

·
marvel at my........
1,730 Posts
i'm afraid if i saw one of those in MY city,..... as i'm the only one in town,....... i'd have to commit bronco cannibalism,..... and have my truck eat it for breakfast,...... only one bronco in this town,....no room for dodgy re-hashes!

1 - 20 of 105 Posts