Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
machine gun preacher
706 Posts
from my last sources....it got canned. :(

It WAS going to be based on the current (Europe) 2010 (north America), Fiesta car platform. Small, 4 cyl, ind suspension all around, FWD standard with AWD as an option. But I don't believe its going to happen.

·
Roll Tide!
2,691 Posts
eh, i dont think it will come through but i love the engine that is going to be in it. its a 2.0L intercooled diesel which with the incredibly long stroke that it will have, they claim it will have the same if not more power than the 351W. It hard to believe but its something to look forward to.

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,026 Posts
Anyone now anything about the 2010/2011 bronco? If its worthy and true, i'm sold!
You should already know the answer to that.:smilie_slap

IF Ford actually brought the bronco back, in today's landscape of $4 a gallon gas (and diesel for that matter), what do you think it would be like:

A) solid axles, nice sturdy parttime t-case, agressive 37" meats, retro style (boxy and not fuel-efficient), and a motor with good power, and lockers, and, and and....etc. to the tune of 6k lbs of beautiful rig rated at 13 city 15 highway, or

B) lots of plastic, very light weight, maybe all wheel drive based of the explorer or something they need to use up and get rid of. Small, ride nice (IFS), small motor, etc. small small small, and it gets 17/20 .

Good chance it would be neither. I can't see them building it right (option A), and I wish they wouldn't tarnish the image and waste the effort on option b. I wouldn't want to show up for some wheeling and be embarrassed by the much better built Wranglers.:banghead

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,026 Posts
I heard each bronco came with a dozen strippers.
Hmm, interesting incentive.

Course if I got a $2k incentive CHECK I could have a dozen strippers and cash to spare.

·
machine gun preacher
706 Posts
eh, i dont think it will come through but i love the engine that is going to be in it. its a 2.0L intercooled diesel which with the incredibly long stroke that it will have, they claim it will have the same if not more power than the 351W. It hard to believe but its something to look forward to.
no, that was the engine in the "concept". 1.8L gas engine was our spec.

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
is this the truck based on the new f-100 chassis their talking about or something new? maybe there is some hope with the new motors they are going to release... what are they called? with the fuel being dumped right into the combustion chamber

·
Registered
37 Posts
SUV's are a dying breed in this economy , i really doubt ford is going to invest much into it. Just ride by any dealer these days and see what isn't selling .... all the SUVs and diesel's. Toyota Prius is the highest selling car in America right now ... so by that fact you tell me which way this country is leaning .... fuel efficiency

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
is this the truck based on the new f-100 chassis their talking about or something new? maybe there is some hope with the new motors they are going to release... what are they called? with the fuel being dumped right into the combustion chamber

Yes, it is going to be the new "F-100". there is a small aticle in the new "FOUR WHEELER" mag for Sep. they're talking about out doing 2010 wrangler and H4. solid axle, small turbo v6 or v8 maybe both. i really hope they pull through!

everyone is is going off on the old concept. it's not the brushed stanless ford escape you've seen that never made it.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.