Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

121 - 140 of 154 Posts

·
ate lug
88 + 96 broncos, 96 F250
8,500 Posts
I dont even know what to say. Why on earth would they all use some bastard one-off TRE??! :smilie_slap

Can you get one from them in time? Or worst case, since the ES2026R is longer, is it possible to switch to that one, and get your DOM tube shortened?

·
Premium Member
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #122
I just had to pay Jeff Bezos $52 to get a new tube for my spare (perfectly new tire except manufacturing defect in sidewalk). The shop doing the wheel swap is claiming the tube had a hole in it that can’t be repaired. Calling BS on that, but with so little time.....

I have spent way to much swapping wheels.........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
7,131 Posts
I dont even know what to say. Why on earth would they all use some bastard one-off TRE??! :smilie_slap

Can you get one from them in time? Or worst case, since the ES2026R is longer, is it possible to switch to that one, and get your DOM tube shortened?
I should have it monday, few minutes to swap and few more to get the wheels straight, worst comes to worse, old steering goes back on.

·
Premium Member
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #124
Went out for a test run after swapping tranny pans. No leaks and the temp never got above 180.

Getting there step by step.

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
I just had to pay Jeff Bezos $52 to get a new tube for my spare (perfectly new tire except manufacturing defect in sidewalk). The shop doing the wheel swap is claiming the tube had a hole in it that can’t be repaired. Calling BS on that, but with so little time.....

I have spent way to much swapping wheels.........

I need a tube for my $700 spare that has less than 100 miles on. What size did you get? Does anyone vulcanize tires up there? Tire stores here look like this when asked......

·
Premium Member
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #126
Same up here. Even the heavy truck center I have do my wheels won’t even patch tubes.

I ordered this for my 37x12.5r17

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
I dont need a tube patched, just a tire patched. I've all but given up o finding a shop to vulcanize it so I was just going to throw a tube in there.

·
Premium Member
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #129
There is a shop about 10 minutes from me that vulcanized one of my 42s a few years ago. So about 60-75 minutes south of Rausch, right off
Rt61 in Reading PA. It was a truck tire shop chain, not a car tire shop.

edit:
Service Tire Truck Centers

Gotta Love PA - they still have old school stuff readily available. Most areas on the east coast don’t fix anything, they just toss stuff.

·
Premium Member
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #133
Two days to go!!!!

Dropped the tank to ad bulkhead for return. Need to clean up the skid and rattle can it. Then put it a back together.

·
ate lug
88 + 96 broncos, 96 F250
8,500 Posts
Ugh, yeah. Nothing personal, its just that i can go to those places in a bronco pretty much whenever i want. Once the kid is a little older most likely the 3 of us will do some of the street cruises for the Round Up, but i havent been wheelin in 2 years and was kinda hoping to hit the trails. Its 100% up to you guys cuz youre the ones driving, but if its a street cruise, im most likely out.

Looks like 2 other events at Rausch on Saturday, We-Rock comp crawl and JK Freaks, might be a little crowded, also shows rain in the forecast.
The weather forecast for this area is insane. In the last 24 hours we went from 0% chance of rain all the way up to 95% and then back down to 47%. Guess what? Its not raining :toothless Barely a cloud in the sky. Theyve also changed what days its going to rain, from what they said yesterday. So i wouldnt get too worried about the weather, cuz they obviously have no idea. My guess? That storm front out west is gonna cause some good rain here, but not til next week.

Most likely the trail ride for the JK event is already mapped out, and would be pretty easy to avoid. Depends on the vehicles going out, sometimes they take the jeep events over to the NE side and you never see them, so you wont know for sure unless you ask the park staff. Honestly, id expect that, esp since there will be an event on the comp course; that would get most of the jeep crowd away from the comp course & its spectators for the whole day.

·
ate lug
88 + 96 broncos, 96 F250
8,500 Posts
Two days to go!!!!

Dropped the tank to ad bulkhead for return. Need to clean up the skid and rattle can it. Then put it a back together.

You are dedicated :thumbup

Back in '06 i was wrenching on mine all the way up to the day before the Round Up started, so i know what youre going thru. It was totally worth it in the end, but id rather not do that again :toothless

So what all is left to get done before you load up and head out?

·
Erik
1,825 Posts
So I’m having some major steering issues with the tow rig. Doubt I’ll have time to fix it before and doubt I’ll find something else to tow the trailer with. Ain’t gonna stop me, I’m just going to drive the bronco all the way up. It doesn’t see as much street time these days but it did back before I bought a trailer.

·
Premium Member
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #138
You are dedicated :thumbup

Back in '06 i was wrenching on mine all the way up to the day before the Round Up started, so i know what youre going thru. It was totally worth it in the end, but id rather not do that again :toothless

So what all is left to get done before you load up and head out?

I run this drill every year - I never get my list completely done.

Just need to put the tank back in and connect the lines.

·
Premium Member
7,131 Posts
Ugh, yeah. Nothing personal, its just that i can go to those places in a bronco pretty much whenever i want. Once the kid is a little older most likely the 3 of us will do some of the street cruises for the Round Up, but i havent been wheelin in 2 years and was kinda hoping to hit the trails. Its 100% up to you guys cuz youre the ones driving, but if its a street cruise, im most likely out.
Baring unforeseen circumstances, I'm wheeling Saturday, so nothing to worry about there.:thumbup What anyone else is doing is up to them.

Tie rod showed up, and putting it in right after work.:toothless Other than that and packing out my bronco tomorrow and shopping for food, I think i'm ready. Have to clean the 79 RC Bronco to.

121 - 140 of 154 Posts