Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's that time of year again..... not like the old days with Johnski and ImlikeOJnow to trash talk too... but I'm sure we have a few college football fans in the house ( I didn't forget you Webber …. GO DUCKS).

Big time Florida Gator fan since the 1980's. It is going to be one hell of year. Can't wait to see how the SEC shapes up. I'm sure Alabama will be fine.. and Georgia has running backs like always... but I really like our chances to get to Atlanta this year.

Game one against Miami in Orlando will be epic. I priced the tickets to maybe take the boy.... but at 200$ a pop for the nose bleed seats I'll just get the 30$ seats for university of Tennessee -Martin ( whatever the hell that is). The boy is only 10 and he just likes to experience the whole festive atmosphere. Give him 4 years to really appreciate what the University of Florida has to offer...… Some of the hottest females on earth!!!!!!

GO GATORS!!!!!

·
Addicted to Junk
9,992 Posts
Wow long time since I've seen one of these threads! @Weber is only one "B"

Not really a big sports fan myself. I like watching my KC Chiefs and Nascar and NHRA and that's about it

Though I do route for Kansas State in the college stuff.

·
I ♥ TTB
4,184 Posts
For sure! Already getting excited! I really hope we pull out the W against Auburn... I'm confident we would if they were coming to play us at home but hard to say at a neutral site, wish I were making the trip! Here's to hoping we show up!!!

Go Ducks!

·
drop the gloves
47 Posts
I attended the Cotton Bowl last year to see ND get smoked by Clemson. My Grandfather, Uncle, and Brother (big Bob also played 7 years in the NFL) all played for ND so I'm partial to the fighting Irish (by the way why is that mascot not considered derogatory?) I mean you might as well say drunken fighting Irish immigrants! But I guess that doesn't fit the media bias. Anyway, my prediction is that Clemson will win it all. They'll go undefeated. The QB Trevor Lawrence is only a sophomore and he's the most poised college player I've ever seen. Since I'm in Texas "Hook'em Horns".

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The boy turns 11 September 3rd. I decided for his birthday present we would drive down to see a Gator game. He is still new to whole college football religion so I gave him two options.

1) Go see a game against a good team and sit in the nose bleeds
2) Go see a game against a crappy team and sit right up next to the field.

He chose the crappy team and the great seats. Then I had to explain to him why Florida State is not considered a crappy team when all I do is talk about how much they suck..... and how much we hate them. He will learn all that soon enough.

I purchased 3 tickets to the Gators vs Tennessee-Martin a division 1 team....https://utmsports.com/index.aspx?path=football

We will have a blast we are on the 50yard line. section 36 18 rows off the field. They were 75$ a piece... these same seats will go for 500$ for the big games. They are in the middle of the student section so I can gawk.... and feel like a dirty old man. Don't worry I will take plenty of pictures... and post them up here.

https://floridagators.com/sports/2015/12/10/_tickets_football_contribution_levels_.aspx

Dam Weber that is not the team to play for the first game!!!!

I would really like to see the Ducks beat Auburn. It will be the game to watch!! and you can bet Game Day will be there for sure. It is hard to pull out in win in Eugene.

·
I ♥ TTB
4,184 Posts
@paul rondelli That's great! We are fortunate enough to have season tickets, I've had them for 9 years or so now, this year got my buddies as well so we have 4 seats in a row, there's not a bad seat at Autzen! The kids love when we bring them, I've got some friends who don't even watch football and they love the experience of going!
Yes, GameDay announced they'll be at our opener already, I'm hyped for this season but it will be sad to see Herbert go, if we show up to play we can beat them but you never know.

Clemson and their QB will be a force to wreckon with this year I'm sure!

·
The Tennessee Warden
2,310 Posts
@paul rondelli That's great! We are fortunate enough to have season tickets, I've had them for 9 years or so now, this year got my buddies as well so we have 4 seats in a row, there's not a bad seat at Autzen! The kids love when we bring them, I've got some friends who don't even watch football and they love the experience of going!
Yes, GameDay announced they'll be at our opener already, I'm hyped for this season but it will be sad to see Herbert go, if we show up to play we can beat them but you never know.

Clemson and their QB will be a force to wreckon with this year I'm sure!
Yeah, GameDay is coming to our opener as well (thursday night) vs Georgia Tech under the lights. Gotta love a game at night, especially early season when it's still hot. Too bad I live in Michigan now - I guess I'll have to see where the Detroit Clemson Club is watching the game! It will be interesting also to see if Kirk Herbstreit's sons get any playing time as walk-on true freshmen. IIRC he has twin sons that both came to Clemson as preferred walk-ons.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Miss September

Go gators

I know all out Clemson. My wife is from Anderson so I have history with that part of the state...… yes they have some of the most beautiful southern ladies I have ever seen. I use an analogy about Clemson to motivate my employees. It goes like this

1) why do you think Mike Tyson would knock people out in under a minute
2) Answer: They where not ready to fight Mike Tyson
3) Why does Alabama win so many games
4) Most schools are not ready to play Alabama
5) In order to beat Alabama you have to be just as mean and physical on both sides of the line. They don't do anything special... They are just mean and physical.
6) Clemson is the only team I watched matched that toughness... and beat them at their own game. Because every time Alabama would smack them in the mouth... they got back up and smacked them back.
7) Everyday you come to work be ready, prepared, and you will always succeed... No matter what you do.

Now living in Atlanta.... I have gone to a few Georgia and Georgia tech games.

Georgia... full of hotness
Georgia Tech.... Not a hottie to be found

I had tickets in the student section at Georgia Tech. I spent too much time just trying to find something that might pass as acceptable (after 8 or 9 beers)…. No luck. Great engineering school... but no eye candy

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm getting super excited. Great defense on both sides. Miami is starting a red shirt freshman..... We are going to blitz him into submission!!! We did lose to Kentucky last year when their quarterback just out ran our secondary all game...but I'm not sure this kid will be poised enough to pull that out.

I have a love/hate relationship with Franks. Mullen understand his short falls... The biggest being able to think on his feet. Mullen game plans a three step drop. If the receiver is not open... tuck and run. This works right into Franks strengths. He is a big kid at 230lbs... but every time I see him sitting in pocket trying to analyze the field... i just know he is going to throw an interception. He has no skill in how to look off receivers... He focuses on the same guy until everyone in the secondary knows exactly where the ball is going.

LET ME TELL YOU ONE THING FRANKS... I KNOW YOU HEAR ME YELLING AT YOU!!!! DON"T SCREW THIS UP ASSHAT!!! WE HAVE A REDSHIRT FRESHMAN (EMORY JONES) WHO HAS A TON MORE TALENT THAN YOU!!

Just in case you want to check out his replacement. The kid can straight out throw the bomb when rolling out.

·
The Tennessee Warden
2,310 Posts
Herbstreit put out his “too early” picks for different things - players and teams. He picked my Clemson Tigers over Blow-hio State in the semi finals (yep!) but then losing to the Tide in the National Championship (boo! hiss!).

1 - 20 of 74 Posts