Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

81 - 100 of 127 Posts

·
The Tennessee Warden
96 XL, 5.8L, E4OD, BW1356, 4.56 gears
3,313 Posts
Was out of town this weekend so I had to steam the Clemson game on my phone. Was a bit of a blowout, with another one to come this weekend against Wofford College most likely. I honestly had more fun watching a bunch of Clemson alums play in the Texans/Raiders game - Deshaun Watson is a machine and Hunter Renfrow ran 65 yds after catch for his first NFL touchdown. Clemson still number 4 in the poll, but at least Alabama isn’t number 1 anymore!

·
Premium Member
1,477 Posts
Was out of town this weekend so I had to steam the Clemson game on my phone. Was a bit of a blowout, with another one to come this weekend against Wofford College most likely. I honestly had more fun watching a bunch of Clemson alums play in the Texans/Raiders game - Deshaun Watson is a machine and Hunter Renfrow ran 65 yds after catch for his first NFL touchdown. Clemson still number 4 in the poll, but at least Alabama isn’t number 1 anymore!
What happened with Alabama not being #1? They beat Arkansas over the weekend.

·
The Tennessee Warden
96 XL, 5.8L, E4OD, BW1356, 4.56 gears
3,313 Posts
What happened with Alabama not #1?
The AP poll’s idiocy is showing. No one is losing and teams keep moving around in the polls. LSU jumped to number one and now Alabama is 2, OSU 3 and Clemson 4. I am now ignoring the AP poll and I’ll just wait until the CFP poll comes out and see how that pans out.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
I've watched enough college football to know a full fledged HERO when I see one. Joe Burrows is why I watch college football. It might be from my time in the Marines..... but when I see a true leader take charge and inspire his troops to victory.... Man it is motivational. When Burrows took that third down run to the sidelines …. while the linebacker actually tried and destroy his soul.... took the crushing hit.... bounced up and hustled back to the huddle... Good lord I wanted to go out there and play.

We have epic war stories.. and medal of honor recipients, with heroic tales of inspirational feats that can turn the tide of battle. It is great to watch a kid walk the walk. Pro athletes are not heroes in my book. They are well paid thugs. Sure you still have a few guys that can inspire their troops.... But for 5 million a year they better. That Kid took a shot to the chin for NO MONEY.

·
Premium Member
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter • #84 3 hours ago

I've watched enough college football to know a full fledged HERO when I see one. Joe Burrows is why I watch college football. It might be from my time in the Marines..... but when I see a true leader take charge and inspire his troops to victory.... Man it is motivational. When Burrows took that third down run to the sidelines …. while the linebacker actually tried and destroy his soul.... took the crushing hit.... bounced up and hustled back to the huddle... Good lord I wanted to go out there and play.

We have epic war stories.. and medal of honor recipients, with heroic tales of inspirational feats that can turn the tide of battle. It is great to watch a kid walk the walk. Pro athletes are not heroes in my book. They are well paid thugs. Sure you still have a few guys that can inspire their troops.... But for 5 million a year they better. That Kid took a shot to the chin for NO MONEY.

Well said, He is an outstanding leader for LSU...responds well under pressure and has the "in the zone look"
Watched the whole game and it was low scoring but they played awesome football...pros don't even come close to that level of dedication!!!

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
I guess saying that the Gators have a big game this weekend is an understatement. I actually live in enemy territory. I had to listen to a ton of trash talk at the start of the season. How the gators didn't stand a chance against Georgia. How Georgia was going to win the SEC...ect...ect. After that South Carolina fiasco the dog fans all have been pretty quite. Except the die hard employee who comes to me every day to let me know exactly how many days it has been since Florida has beaten Georgia.

These guys track it down to the second. If that isn't hate I really don't know what hate is.

I will tell you my Georgia bulldog story since Saturday is the big game.

I was working for a large cold storage warehouse. My largest customer was based out of Knoxville Tenn. The CEO decided to buy some great tickets to the Georgia vs Tenn game and fly down the customer. Being their account manager I received my ticket to the game. Now I bleed orange and Blue and really despise both of these teams.... but hell college football is college football.. and the seats where great. The game was fun to watch. About mid way through the 3rd Georgia connected on a long pass for a touchdown and the stadium erupted. I've been to probably 50 college games... and it was one of the few times I had to hold my hands over my ears.... The place was on fire. I watched the Georgia fans. Their eyes were lit up like Christmas. They were dancing and high fiving. I even got into the spirit and celebrated with them... why not.. right. Then came the last second hail mary from Tenn. Before it really could sink in the game was over.... Georgia lost. I got to watch the expression on a few hundred Bulldog fans as they came to the realization of what just happened. It looked like someone ripped out their soul's. I just starting laughing hysterically .... Screw Georgia.

One of my favorite college games of all times... and my team didn't even play.

·
Premium Member
1,477 Posts
Great story, College Ball is so unpredictable...I figured the AL. AR game last Saturday was gonna

be a close game since Tua was out but AL pulled it off. AR. had a lot of turnovers that didn't help

and their OB (Starklyn) first time starter, couldn't get in the groove with passing. Jones didn't pretty

good for AL. but the game this weekend is Georgia Fla. in Jacksonville. You gonna be there?

·
I ♥ TTB
4,235 Posts
@paul rondelli man, that was a tough loss for your gators! I feel for ya, on a lighter note, your loss allowed for us Ducks to move up in the polls.
Not sure if you stayed up to watch us throttle USC but it was a rough and rowdy game! We were a little slow starting but once we got into gear it was all over!

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
Looks like another 10-2 season. Still fun times. At least now I can pull for the ducks to cause some havoc in the playoffs. I'm pulling for LSU this weekend....I would love to see the Docks make the playoffs and Bama not.

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
I bleed purple and gold! So this has been a great season and i hope continues that way. Took my son (15) to the Fla. v LSU game. I have been to many many of the great LSU home games.. I was a freshman at LSU in the "Earthquake" game sitting/STANDING in the enzone where we scored.. But the LSU Fla game was the most energized croud I have ever seen. Stadium was packed 45 min before kickoff. Now that we finally beat Bama I am hoping we don't take our foot off the gas... That game meant a lot to our program

@paul rondelli ; I think Fla is just as good as anyone this year too. Your team will upset someone in a bowl.

Again this year SEC has at least 5 or 6 of the top 10 teams. I really want a 16 team playoff. There are teams that are 12, 14 that could easily upset a 3 or 4 or even a 1. For now we have the system and rankings we have but i'd like a playoff.

Lastly, I married a UT girl and live in Austin. So LSU comeing here and beating TX was Big for me... Esp. after I ran my mouth about a #1 ranked baseball team coming here then going 0-3. I had 16 tix to that game to take the kids i coach in baseball and I got put in the corner... But redemption came in football.. For the fans, I want good teams to play other good teams in pre conf. play. Fans want that. Next year Texas comes to LSU and that will be a big time for my friends. In about 5 years, we have a home and home with Clemson. We already had Oregon, Miami in openers. I'm not bragging on LSU but rather saying that is what fans and us on this thread want to see...... I'd like to see home and home with Mich. , Ohio state.....

Good luck to everyone and lets see who gets that 4th playoff spot... There is still a lot of football to play.
GEAUX TIGERS

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
My brother in law went to LSU for his undergraduate degree. He grew up in Gainesville Florida and ended up getting his Masters at UF. While attending UF he met his wife, and they got married at the UF Chapel on campus. All his groomsmen where LSU alumni.... and he actually played the LSU fight song during the ceremony (priceless)

Joe is my lock for the Heisman. I hope you guys take it all..... you already beat my most hated team (Alabama) and have a chance to beat my 2nd (Georgia) and 3rd ( Ohio State) hated teams.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I love my Sooners, but hope and pray they don't make the playoff. Can't play defense or even compete with Clemson or the good SEC schools. If they do, I know I will hear "Chokelahoma" for another year....

·
I ♥ TTB
4,235 Posts
Well we messed up losing to ASU but serves us right, I haven't felt we were a top 5 team all season anywho... At least we won our civil war and beat the Beavers!
Now, Utah is up next, we'll see how it goes. We can beat them if we show up to play...

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
Well very disappointed in a Orange bowl match up with a Virginia team that is officially awful. I'm going to start hating on the ACC..... MS88 this might get ugly so bear with me. Clemson is legit... I hope they play LSU for all the marbles... after that the entire ACC is a very bad joke. Virginia is the second best team in the ACC and they barely even made the top 25??? It is a slap in the face to the other 24 teams in the poll to have these clowns play in the orange bowl at 9-4. Their only "quality" win was against a Virginia tech team who had Duke run the score up against them in their own freaking stadium!!!!!! It is a waste of time to have the Gators play these guy.... maybe Virginia would be a good match up for South Carolina or Kentucky but not Florida. I enjoy watching evenly matched teams in games.... The bowl season gives us the chance to see just how good conferences are against each other. Let the Gators play Bose State, Memphis, Utah, or Norte Dame at least then we can see just how good these teams are.... we already know Virginia is a joke.

·
I ♥ TTB
4,235 Posts
Well my Ducks showed up to play and embarrassed Utah! Great for us, however a Pac12 team in the top 4 would've been nice to see.... We're off to the RoseBowl to face Wisconsin, I'm Pasadena bound and hopefully we get a W like we did back in '12 (I got to enjoy that one in person too)

I'm with you @paul rondelli, It'd be nice to let some of these different conferences play each other more regularly, everyone talks crap on the Pac12 but no one ever has to play them, we sit over here on the West coast and beat each other up with almost no cupcake schedules!

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Oregon/Wisconsin should be one hell of a game! I think my Sooners will get smoked mostly because they have the most overrated QB in the nation. Dude cannot throw into tight windows or when under duress.

81 - 100 of 127 Posts