Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

101 - 120 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I was correct- Sooners got smoked! Guess half the D was suspended or something- don't have ESPN so thankfully didn't see it. LSU-Clemson for the title. Surprise, surprise, surprise....

·
The Tennessee Warden
2,792 Posts
Damn right what a game. I’m happy with the results. Y’all better be ready for them Tigers when yall head down this way. Dome is gonna be rockin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep. Two Tiger teams both hailing from their own Death Valleys. It’s gonna be a tough game but...always faithful!

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #107 (Edited)
Well the Orange bowl turned out to be as expected. The level of talent on the field was obviously on the Gators side. The coaching staff of Virginia has to be congratulated on the teams performance. The defense concentrated on knocking down passes at the line and the offense played outstanding behind the quarterback ( who was great). The Gators still suffer from an inept defensive coach. When they came out of the time out … at the end of the first quarter... and lined up with 12 men on the field. I came unglued. That is all on the coach. You came out of a time out asshat. How can your players not know who belongs on the field. I really hope Grantham is not there next year. Mullen is always looking for a way to win... Grantham is always looking for a way not to lose. To be honest that game really should have been a blow out. Our defense let them hang around for too long.

Dam LSU is nasty. Oklahoma had no business being on that filed. Let's see what Clemson can do? Interested to see where the Gators end up. Our only loses where to LSU and Georgia.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #109 (Edited)
Damm Webber!! one hell of a game. Go ducks. I was worried when Wisc started that drive at the end of the 4th. They tried to get too cute and run a end around. You guys went toe to toe in a slug feast and came out on top. The badgers threw everything.... and the kitchen sink.... at your defense. I saw a couple play where they lined up with 6 offensive linemen and 2 tight ends. That is a whole lot of beef.... but the Ducks took the shot to the jaw and never backed down.

Disappointed in the Auburn loss to Minnesota. It should have been the Gators playing Minnesota and Auburn playing Virginia. Really would have loved to see the SEC take down all Big 10 teams in their Bowls. I would have also liked to see Gators vs Penn State.

Oregon vs Wisc was a 6th ranked vs a 8 ranked
Mich vs Alabama was a 13th vs 14th
Minn vs Auburn was a 12th vs 18th

But we penalize Florida because the ACC is a joke. 9th ranked vs 24th ranked

·
I ♥ TTB
4,204 Posts
Heck yeah it was! @paul rondelli The wife and I decided to make the trip down and I'm so glad we did! Great game and as you mentioned a slug fest!!! Our seats were better than I expected, 45yd line row 20! One of our former backs Jonathan Stewart was behind us so that was super cool too!

When they did the stealth bomber fly over they had us hold up these colored cards they had taped to our seat backs and the results were amazing! Turned the stadium into the stars and stripes! Super cool!!!

Attachments

·
The Tennessee Warden
2,792 Posts
Hahahaha^

Corseaux thinks differently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I missed Corso - he picked LSU? That’s good. We at Clemson are fully aware of the “Corso curse” - when he picks the other team we win. Lol

Hope it holds true tonight. Clemson is a second half team.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #119
Clemson came ready to play. You cannot sit back and let Burrow pick you apart with the short passes. Clemson brought the heat on almost every play. I think it all boiled down to Burrow putting the team on his back (again) and carrying them to a title. The kid plays quarterback like a middle linebacker and I like it.

·
I ♥ TTB
4,204 Posts
I was hoping for a Clemson win! Oh well...

There's always next year! Maybe we'll get a Ducks vs. Clemson match? I'm looking forward to taking on Ohio St in Autzen to start our season off! Hopefully we're ready and pull out a win!

101 - 120 of 127 Posts