Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

121 - 127 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #121
Time to bitch a little. It really isn't college football without a little bitching and trash talk. OK Weber how in the sam hell did the Ducks come out on top of the Gators in both the AP and coaches poll? You lost to Auburn and we beat Auburn… enough said.

The only losses the Gators had were to the number 1 and number 4 teams. Oregon lost to the number 16 team Auburn and a unranked ASU team.

I'm pissed because we had to play some half ass ACC Virginia team in a bowl game and get knocked down in the polls because of it. Yes the Wisconsin/Oregon game was the best bowl game in 2019 but that should not erase a loss to an unranked team?

Hell I can even put up an argument that the Gators should be ranked higher than Georgia. Yes Georgia did beat Florida in a head to head match up, but Georgia lost to an unranked South Carolina team that Florida beat... and we both lost to LSU ( so did everyone else)

·
Registered
983 Posts
And why is Oklahoma ranked below teams that didn't go to the CFP? The Powers that Be thought they were better a month and a half ago. I don't really pay attention to these anymore- who the hell knows who the 16th best team in the country is anyways? The CFP needs to expand to an NFL-style playoff format- would have been awesome to see OU play Oregon or Georgia instead of being fed to one of the obvious champions- and gives more chance for something crazy to happen.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #123 (Edited)
Dam sarge…. this is a perfect example how two people can look at the same thing and come up with totally opposite reactions.

I was going to comment on how the coaches poll got it all wrong and actually placed Oklahoma above Florida. When you compare schedules Oklahoma had a cake walk to the playoffs where they finally played a high ranked team. Then of course they get humiliated. Texas, Baylor, and Oklahoma state are only ranked teams they played. All 3 ranked teams from the big 12 got to see an SEC opponent in a bowl game... and lets just say it was not pretty. 0-3 is shameful and this should be the last time they ever let a big 12 team into the playoffs.

And we can throw a loss to an unranked Kansas state (8-5) team in for dessert. Did any team from the Big 12 actually win a bowl game????? priceless

My bad Texas actually won that is 1-6 as a conference the WORST record of any conference and i thought the ACC sucked this year.

·
I ♥ TTB
4,203 Posts
I hear ya @paul rondelli I'll never understand where they get their rankings from... Maybe the "extra" game played counts for something? I also think they way the do the playoffs is dumb but not much I can do about it... I'm fairly certain we would've gotten smoked by the 4 playoff teams, did't feel we were top 5 all season.

·
Registered
983 Posts
There are usually only 2-3 great teams that really have a shot, the current playoff is kind of a lukewarm solution. I always hated the fact that most teams go into their Bowl having not played for a month- how different would that be if it was just two weeks like a regular bye? Know it's impossible because of the contracts with all eleventy million bowls... but would be nice

·
I ♥ TTB
4,203 Posts
There are usually only 2-3 great teams that really have a shot, the current playoff is kind of a lukewarm solution. I always hated the fact that most teams go into their Bowl having not played for a month- how different would that be if it was just two weeks like a regular bye? Know it's impossible because of the contracts with all eleventy million bowls... but would be nice
No doubt... time off is a killer, just ask my Ravens UGH!

121 - 127 of 127 Posts