Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
https://floridagators.com/news/2020/7/30/football-sec-announces-10-game-conference-schedule.aspx

Let the trash talking begin. We only had 8 conference games on the schedule before this announcement.... so 10 conference games is even more exciting.

I have been watching every sports movie or show that I can find just waiting for the season to hopefully start. You know you have hit rock bottom when watching the mighty ducks.... but seriously how many times can you watch varsity blues???

GO GATORS

·
Premium Member
1987 Bronco 351W, C6
1,301 Posts
I think football will last 3-4 weeks if it begins at all. You would have to test the players every day because there is no way to not spread it playing the foos-ball

·
I ♥ TTB
4,265 Posts
Yup @paul rondelli, this 10 game schedule is dumb, our civil war is our 4th game (oh and civil war is to offensive so now it's just a game I guess) Still haven't heard what they'll be doing with spectators yet. Hopefully if they don't we'll get our season ticket money back or at least carried over till next year...

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I hear you. This is the bare minimum I need to consider this year a success

10 game conference schedule...…. Conference tournament..... winner of each conference automatic playoff bid for a (elite 8) plus 2 team wildcard qualifier. The power 5 get automatic bid into the elite 8 playoff. Get the bowl winning percentage from 2019 to determine the remaining seating.

maybe a Cinderella from the sun belt can take down a power 5. should make for some interesting Drama

·
I ♥ TTB
4,265 Posts
Looks good for a Gator!
Now you just need to paint it onto your Bronco like a true fan!

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not sure I agree with putting the Dog's at number 4 with a transfer quarterback who has never played in the SEC? All I see is 7 teams ranked higher than Florida... and we for sure play two of them.

Dam Weber I just put the biggest sticker I could find on the entire internet. Maybe I will paint her Gator orange.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well Weber there is always next year. We still have to wait and see for the SEC.... but we are a bunch of Rednecks down here and aint nobody taking away college football without a fight.

·
I ♥ TTB
4,265 Posts
Yeah, it panned out how I was afraid it would.... Oh well, guess we'll wait to see what spring brings....

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Very winnable schedule..... especially for the SEC. With Fillipe Franks the quarterback of Arkansas he will get a great welcome back home visit. As always and forever Fu#& the Georgia bulldogs.

Thank God we did not get Alabama and Auburn added

·
Premium Member
1987 Bronco 351W, C6
1,301 Posts

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have no issues with peaceful protests.... but any disrespect to flag of this country is unacceptable. The flag represents the past sacrifices and struggles of everyone who made this country what it is. Find another way to show support to your cause that does not include the disrespect of the flag and our national anthem. Unless you were willing to give your life for your country.... and serve in the military..... It is your obligation to show some respect for those that make that sacrifice. The sword cuts both ways... the protestors are wrong by kneeling... but the POTUS is wrong for the smart ass comments he makes about those who did serve. You cannot get to call out the protestors for kneeling and then utter the words losers or suckers when referring to veterans service records. That my friends is a hypocrite.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
The entire point that apparently flies right by the management / owners etc of sports teams is that the vast majority of people watch sports for ENTERTAINMENT. They don't want to be informed about social issues. They don't want to talk or see anything about politics. When sports stop being entertainment - they will go bankrupt.

·
I ♥ TTB
4,265 Posts
Indeed! Excited about the news, still sucks we can't watch live but at least they are rolling over the season ticket fees for next year.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts