Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

181 - 200 of 232 Posts

·
Registered
78 Custom 351M NP435 NP205 Sniper EFI Hedman Headers Magnaflow Muffler 4.56 Gears Grizzly lockers
1,706 Posts
@NickOille Just wanted to say I've been watching a lot of your Moab videos on Youtube, which I kinda stumbled upon and just rabbit holed into when looking for Moab vids, but they've been great at giving me an idea of what to expect in Moab. I also like that they're "real world" videos and not something "produced" like say the Wild Horses videos. Hopefully I can get there this year and be part of that!

·
Registered
246 Posts
I'm glad to hear that Nick, I was thinking the same thing. I got nonrefundable money put down on lodging that I will lose otherwise. I will most likely join you out there regardless.

We can make it a impromptu FSB event :p
We are in the same boat and I believe at the same place, so I will be seeing both of you in Moab come rain or shine. I am sure this will cut down on the amount of people in the Moab area.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
12,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #184
As of right now, moab is still packed full of tourists. The town is very worried. I'm still playing it by ear on attending

@PatrickIngram I'm sorry to hear that. My condolences.

·
Premium Member
84 Bronco, 351w, c6, custom doubler, np208, 5.13’s, TTB44, 9”, locked f/r
840 Posts

Doesn’t change much for me, I’m still going to be there unless I physically can’t. But might be a reason to spend more time exploring and less time with tourists in town...

·
Registered
360 Posts
"The order, which was scheduled to go into effect Tuesday at 10 p.m. and to remain in effect for 30 days"
Sure glad we went last week! Weather was great and we got out of town before the big storms and now this COVID-19 restriction. Sorry for the Safari promotors as I'm guessing that hey have some items pre-ordered that can't be returned. We will have to plan for next year. :cry:

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
12,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #188
Jeep safari looks to have been cancelled. Supposedly hotel reservations are being closed out. We have an extra couple weeks on them so we'll see.

·
Premium Member
If it is not a Bronco, it's just not worth driving.....
1,358 Posts
This stinks...... I have looked forward to this run since last years run.

I wonder if all the trails will get closed too, they are mostly on government land arent they?

·
Registered
360 Posts
I don't think that the trails will be closed as this is a lot of BLM area. National Parks have a statement out telling people to avoid the parks if they can. A lot of these trails are roads like county roads locally for us, just more challenging. Lodging will be an issue as will the campsites. If you are 'boondocking' out on BLM land, and self contained I think that would work.
Wife and I were thinking that if we had all of our camping gear with us, we would have stayed a lot longer and kept away from all of this COVID-19 mess.

·
Premium Member
840 Posts
There is no way the trails could close, apart from maybe Hells Revenge and Fins n Things since those have a toll station you pass through. But to close off the other trails, I don’t see how that is enforceable....
I bet it this crap will be pretty much over with by then, but if it comes to it, I’m okay with dry camping in the boonies, running trails, and cooking meals at our camp. Half the fun is the fine dining and stuff you see in town, but oh well. I highly doubt it will come to that though

·
Premium Member
7,134 Posts
Looks like it’s a no go, Moab shut down.
Bronco Safari 2020 is officially postponed.

Tonight, the Bronco Safari committee met, and we worked through what options we have for putting on a quality event at the end of April. We decided to postpone the event and are looking for 2020 alternatives which may be in the fall.

The Moab Area is shut down for any overnight stays for almost everyone. This is in place for 30 days unless it’s extended or rescinded. According to the experts, the peak of the COVID-19 outbreak should be about the time of our event. In all likelihood these extreme restrictions will be extended as a result. Before these latest restrictions were put into place, group size limits were already in place that do cover our timing and would have forced us to cancel all meetings including the Dinner, Raffle, and the Show & Shine.

Please send me a note if you’d like your registration refunded, we’re similarly reaching out to our vendors. Otherwise we'll roll it over for the next Bronco Safari.

The Moab Area is being devastated as they are nearly 100% tourism based. I encourage everyone to visit the area as soon as you can once this crisis has passed. In the meantime, buy Bronco parts and accessories from our amazing vendors.

One other note, many of us are still planning on going to Moab for a non-event.

Thank you for your understanding,
-Steve St.Clair

To read more about the current restrictions, toward the bottom of page 4 is where it really starts to impact us the most:

·
Premium Member
If it is not a Bronco, it's just not worth driving.....
1,358 Posts
Well, I just canceled my lodging reservations....
Since they are not allowing anyone to stay in Moab for there is no point in even trying to come out. Guess I will cancel my vacation at work too.

If they run the Safari in the fall I probably wont be able to make it but I will see...

Dangit !

·
Addicted to Junk
12,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #196
Same for me. Luckily I hadnt made any reservations yet. I should have no issues going on a fall run out there if they do it.

·
OMF
2,930 Posts
There are some of us who will plan to be there anyhow, if the campgrounds and lodging allows that is.
I am going to wait to cancel my reservation...

·
Premium Member
840 Posts
There are some of us who will plan to be there anyhow, if the campgrounds and lodging allows that is.
I am going to wait to cancel my reservation...
Same, I’m holding out unless the town is locked down on martial law or something.... My vacation is locked in for work, I’m gonna try like hell to be in Moab, and if that falls through I’m gonna be wheeling somewhere

181 - 200 of 232 Posts