Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

101 - 120 of 152 Posts

·
Premium Member
If it is not a Bronco, it's just not worth driving.....
1,129 Posts
For those of those of you who are going and don't have a place to stay here is a link to the place where we are staying. HOME | mysite-1 It is only about 3minits from the MOAB Rim camp ground the host sight. When we looked at it last year it had brand new park models. For the 6 days we stayed, in a shoe box cabin, at Arches the cost was about $100 more for the 6 days.
@Blue1551 I may just reserve one of these myself for this years run. I have reservations at the Comfort Inn and Suites, but this place you are staying at is much closer and is about the same price.

Does the cabin come with bed linens and such? Or do I need to bring that sort of stuff? It looks pretty good on their web page but they are somewhat short on details.

Can you provide a bit more info?

Edited*

Never mind, I just saw in an email they sent me that the cabin is fully furnished, just gotta bring groceries !!

Just sent a reservation request !!

·
Premium Member
'95 XLT: 5.8/MAF/E4OD/6" lift/4.56's/33x12.5x15
35,220 Posts
@BikerPepe` I went back and re read some... are you gracing us with your presence this year?
You know buddy... I'd love to make it down. Unfortunately, I've also got a 20 year anniversary with my Sturgis group this season and being one of the "Founding 5" of what's grown into a fairly large group, they're pushing me pretty hard. I could probably get away with one of the other and because of the fuel cost, the bike trip will be more affordable over the FSB... but I'm still lurking about in this thread. Being quite but I've got the itch and there's a lot of hands I'd like to shake down there.

If I did make it down, I likely won't be able to setup any reservations but I've got all the camping gear I need, so I would be fine on any little patch of dirt. I'll just have to see what's happening as the clock ticks closer. Appreciate you thinkin' of me though bud. We'll hook up one of these days... hell or highwater.

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
11,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
Both of ya will get to shake hand with me at some point. Dragon, I kinda figured you and Fred would be no's but i wanted to include ya anyways.

Pepe, I'll be solo again most likely so you could bunk with me if it came down to it. My tent is an 8x8 square with 2ft tall vertical side walls and a pole in the center, teepee style. Plenty of room for even 3 guys and gear.

·
Premium Member
If it is not a Bronco, it's just not worth driving.....
1,129 Posts
I just registered (paid) for the event. Unless something unforeseen happen in the meantime - I'll be there.
I cant seem to find the registration page, any chance you could post a link to it @milan65 ?

EDITED

LOL nevermind, I just found the link... :p

I just registered also ! See you there !!

120 registration spaces left on their website, get em now !!

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
11,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
Hay @BigBlue 94 how about posting a list of who have payed and registered for the Bronco Safari. You can put me on the list I registered last night. I know you will be on the list also because you have got the bug like me.
Post 95 on the previous page has all confirmed and those who either have said interested or went last year. So far we have seven, including the Sexton offroad bronco. Joe Lougee will probably be there too s #8 but I cant get his user name figured out. He never really posted here anyways.

With the recent events, Justin (AB) is almost certainly a no go.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I may come down on Thursday and wheel through Saturday if I can swing it. I realize I don’t post much on here but, juggling work/life and fixing a sh*tbox Bronco all the time doesn’t leave much time for posting on forums. If I do make it, it’ll be nice to meet a few of y’all. Cheers!

·
Premium Member
84 Bronco, 351w, c6, custom doubler, np208, 5.13’s, TTB44, 9”, locked f/r
635 Posts
Finally got around to registering, I will be there, but not in a FSB this year, taking the Early Bronco to challenge myself and try something new. I've had that fullsize down pretty much every trail out there multiple times.....

·
Addicted to Junk
11,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #114
Yup, next year (2021) I intend to have a beat up "f250" out there. I'm in the planning stages, but it will no doubt be tough. Researching putting a turbo on a 300 currently. Most likely a c6 with a doubler. D60 up front, 5.xx gears and some sort of traction aids. I want something I can bang up and not worry about destroying my bronco.

F250 is an 88 with a 351 and d44hd. Had a zf5, that's going in my 96. I've got too many projects...

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have a quick question, not trying to ruffle any feathers, just curious. Any reason why us FSB'ers don't get together with the Fullsize Invasion that happens at the beginning of April?

·
Premium Member
1989 Eddie Bauer 5.8, C6, True Trac diffs, 4.56 gears, 4" C&T lift, 130A 3G Alt, 35" Grabber AT2s
532 Posts
@BigBlue94 Doesn't look good for me making it this year either. Between family health issues and new and used grandkids, PTO is pretty much burned up travelling back to Illinois. Sorry, guys.

·
Registered
326 Posts
We were looking forward to going again this year but things are not working out schedule wise for us. We will be there 3/8 - 3/10 with some friends and their Land Cruiser to explore some trails farther out of Moab. It looks like 2021 with be the year for us again. Might have the project done by then to test.

·
Registered
240 Posts
The reason there is no Full-Size Bronco Safari is because we would only get about 15 to 20 full-size at the event. Presently the early Bronco Safari has an already established infrastructure with a group of seasoned leaders. When we are able to have 30-50 full-size who reliably attend the Bronco Safari we might be able to hold our own separate event.

With that being said in 2019 I thoroughly enjoyed the Bronco Safari. The early bronco guys were more than welcoming, and actually spotting for a larger rig was challenging for them. Not once did I feel I was not welcome. Even if we created our own event I would still attend a Bronco Safari.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Addicted to Junk
11,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #119
I have a quick question, not trying to ruffle any feathers, just curious. Any reason why us FSB'ers don't get together with the Fullsize Invasion that happens at the beginning of April?
Isnt that's lot of chevy blazers and dodge pickups?

The early bronco guys out there are great people. And very willing to help. No one gets left on the trail. If you dont cross your name if the board at base camp when you finish for the day, they will come looking. Not that the blazer crowd isnt friendly, but you know, birds of a feather...

This will be our second year for this. The Utah BC has been hosting for ten or so. They know the trails well, since it's their home state. And really it was decided upon last year, after @deathmobile2 suggested it.

With site participation way down, I'm guessing we wont have as many FSBs as last year. We had 60 some interested last year, vs maybe 20 this year. And only 7 confirmed.

And btw, it's not all early Broncos. There were a couple bronco 2s, a fullsize blazer, a jeep, a toyota four runner, a couple SxS, and an old ford pickup. Also a couple FSBs who dont participate here.

It's a lot of fun, and Moab is somewhere any gearhead or nature lover should visit. Its unlike anywhere else on the continent.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Last year there was quite abet of momentum, people jumping on board, big plans made. This year not so much I am not sure what the difference is. I think the ones who made it last year were in two gropes. The ones that marked a line off there bucket list and those who look for this type of adventure and will keep coming back.

I think people did not imagine how much it would cost to make the trip, and the thought of breaking held them back from there full potential, I know it did me. This year I hope I can over come the that fear. I hope to see all of you on Apr 28, 2020 in MOAB.

101 - 120 of 152 Posts