Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

121 - 140 of 152 Posts

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
11,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #121
Not including breakages, I spent right about $1000. That's gas, food, lodging, BS registration, and supplies. A little over half of that was gas. 10 mpg for 2000 miles.

I agree on the bucket list mentallity, but that can apply to this year too, as lots of people couldn't go last year.

As a side note, anyone remember the old record for FSB users online at one time? It was like 6 years ago, and there were over 5000 people on here at ONCE. now it's like 5 people...

Anyone see that the Jah Man climbing obstacle in Moab partially collapsed a few weeks ago? Like 11 million pounds of stone cleaved off.

·
Premium Member
84 Bronco, 351w, c6, custom doubler, np208, 5.13’s, TTB44, 9”, locked f/r
635 Posts
Anyone see that the Jah Man climbing obstacle in Moab partially collapsed a few weeks ago? Like 11 million pounds of stone cleaved off.
I’m always afraid that will happen every time I park my big ugly Bronco on that finger ledge thing at Top of the World.....

·
Registered
240 Posts
I think our expenses were around $2,800 not including what we spent getting ready for the safari. We budgeted $5,000 for the trip which included money for breakage. My wife was very happy we didn't break, and I didn't spend all that was left.

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
11,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #124
I’m always afraid that will happen every time I park my big ugly Bronco on that finger ledge thing at Top of the World.....
No kidding! Refresh my memory, what trail is that. Wondering if I or my bronco are capable.

I think our expenses were around $2,800 not including what we spent getting ready for the safari. We budgeted $5,000 for the trip which included money for breakage. My wife was very happy we didn't break, and I didn't spend all that was left.
I was rounding pretty sharply, could have been a few hundred more. But I only ate out once, and usually dined on sandwiches or something on my camp stove. Since I dont drink much, I didnt spend much there either. I didnt really spend anything other than necessary. I dropped about $500 on repair parts in Moab, and another $1200 when my wheel bearing exploded on the way home.

Lol this is where my tax returns go...

I'm planning to get the bronco pulled in the shop next Thursday. That stall is getting the garage door opener installed monday. Then it's time to work!

I've got a "new" lockout for the side that exploded, and a clutch master that will hopefully solve my "no clutch" issue. Then the JY hood gets mounted and the cooling modifications will begin. And reattaching that one exhaust pipe... Cant be sounding like a 3 cylinder cackling witch!

·
Premium Member
84 Bronco, 351w, c6, custom doubler, np208, 5.13’s, TTB44, 9”, locked f/r
635 Posts
I budget for $1000, that covers food, lodging, and fuel for the week.

So related to a few posts back, here are my thoughts on going during Bronco Safari vs going on your own...

Just for running trails, a group of 3 rigs could easily do their own thing some other week and have a great time out there. Hell, half of the week we usually go out with our own group “outside” of Bronco Safari. But I still think it is worth going while other like minded good folk are gonna be out there. I’d like to say I’ve made some good friends out there, and that makes it worth it to me.
Plus, there is the chance you could win a big money prize in the raffle they put on. Chances are you will get a t-shirt or pair of gloves, but some of us on here have left with prizes much greater than what it cost to register....

·
Registered
97 Posts
Isnt that's lot of chevy blazers and dodge pickups?

The early bronco guys out there are great people. And very willing to help. No one gets left on the trail. If you dont cross your name if the board at base camp when you finish for the day, they will come looking. Not that the blazer crowd isnt friendly, but you know, birds of a feather...

This will be our second year for this. The Utah BC has been hosting for ten or so. They know the trails well, since it's their home state. And really it was decided upon last year, after @deathmobile2 suggested it.

With site participation way down, I'm guessing we wont have as many FSBs as last year. We had 60 some interested last year, vs maybe 20 this year. And only 7 confirmed.

And btw, it's not all early Broncos. There were a couple bronco 2s, a fullsize blazer, a jeep, a toyota four runner, a couple SxS, and an old ford pickup. Also a couple FSBs who dont participate here.

It's a lot of fun, and Moab is somewhere any gearhead or nature lover should visit. Its unlike anywhere else on the continent.
Yeah I think the fullsize invasion is a lot of various full-size vehicles. Don’t get me wrong, I love EB’s and I wish I had one! Hell I’d take my FSB to Jeep Safari if that was what I could make time to do. I enjoy wheeling with all kinds of different rigs and typically on the trail rides we have locally, there is a very diverse group of people and rigs. I look forward to meeting you guys and all the EB guys that show up! 🍻

·
Addicted to Junk
11,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #127
Plus, there is the chance you could win a big money prize in the raffle they put on. Chances are you will get a t-shirt or pair of gloves, but some of us on here have left with prizes much greater than what it cost to register....
Ditto on the rest, though many have farther to travel, so they will have higher fuel costs. Arent you like 12 hours away?

Some of you may not know, I was the grand prize winner last year, and picked a set of wheels. Worth about $1200. Lol it made up for my wheel bearing incident. This obviously shows the raffle isnt biased towards the EB guys.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I think that all of us FSB's were a little stunned when they called your name on the very first draw! You definitely picked what I thought was the best item! Will have to see them installed in person sometime.

·
Addicted to Junk
11,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #129
I think that all of us FSB's were a little stunned when they called your name on the very first draw! You definitely picked what I thought was the best item! Will have to see them installed in person sometime.
I know I was stunned.

I got to choose the wheel, size, lug pattern, etc. US Mags was fantastic to deal with. Even the owner was involved in the messaging. The wheels went on my 96 F350, and look great. They have 1 mile on em, since that truck still doesnt have a transmission. That was getting towed to the new house. We were in the process of building, when my dad had a serious accident, leaving him in the hospital for a month with a broken spine and a bleeding brain. Needless to say, the new shop is slowly getting organized.

·
Registered
78 Custom 351M NP435 NP205 Sniper EFI Hedman Headers Magnaflow Muffler 4.56 Gears Grizzly lockers
1,187 Posts
I've been eyeing this thread here and there. I wanted to go last year and my Bronco was no way near ready especially after I kept finding extra things that needed fixing along the way. I'm still on the fence for this year as well. I'm pretty sure if I went that it'd have to be a solo journey for me as I don't think my kids would enjoy the off road stuff and they'd be in school anyway. The hard part will be convincing my wife that me and my dogs need a vacation by ourselves. lol

·
Premium Member
If it is not a Bronco, it's just not worth driving.....
1,129 Posts
Well there is 83 days left until the Bronco safari. Do we know how many rigs are going this year and where everyone is staying. By the way I will be staying at Edge of the desert mobile home park. HOME | mysite-1
I will be there and I am going to be your neighbor @Blue1551 . I got a spot at the Edge of Desert also. They have reserved spot number 20 for me for that week. What spot did they reserve for you?

·
Registered
240 Posts
@Doosenberry several attend solo because there spouse is not interested in this type of adventure. A group from AZ go during spring break. If it would help with the family situation it could be an option. Good luck it would be great to wheel with you in MOAB.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Addicted to Junk
11,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #134
I went solo last year and had a blast. Was very relaxing. It's just you and your own schedule.

I have not reserved a camp site or registered for BS yet. I liked the seclusion of Archview so I may stay there again. Since I'm hoping to trailer, I'll be on the right side when you come in to the camp.

·
Addicted to Junk
11,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #136 (Edited)
This is a repost to be up to date:

Could everyone who is planning on attending the 2020 Bronco Safari please chime in so we can get an initial count?

So far that I know of, it's the following going:

Me, Bigblue 94
@NickOille
@Blue1551
@klh95bronco
@Renorover
@dustybronco4437
@milan65
@wileec
@raleigh

What about you guys from last year?
@AbandonedBronco - doubtful, but maybe
@not a jeep
@Calspecial
@Bronco Logic
jfourdyce - not attending
Bruners4 - not attending
Bogie - not attending
@Impact
@El Kabong
@stan the man
@curtwow - doubtful
@CDA 455
@itwasFREE!!!!
White Dragon - doubtful, "attending in spirit"
@deathmobile2
@Quader1
BikerPepe` - doubtful, but maybe
@PatrickIngram - potential thursday-sunday
@Doosenberry - hopefully attending
Pretty sure silent one is sitting this year out

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
I hate to give up but I just don't think it's in the cards for me this year. Unless I have a great couple of months here or something this trip we've got this ummer to HI is just eating up all our discretionary money. I've to about 3-4k left to spend before I'd say it's ready for a trip like that.

·
Registered
168 Posts
This is a repost to be up to date:

Could everyone who is planning on attending the 2020 Bronco Safari please chime in so we can get an initial count?

So far that I know of, it's the following going:

Me, Bigblue 94
@NickOille
@Blue1551
@klh95bronco
@Renorover
@dustybronco4437
@milan65
@wileec

What about you guys from last year?
@AbandonedBronco - doubtful, but maybe
@not a jeep
@Calspecial
@Bronco Logic
jfourdyce - not attending
Bruners4 - not attending
@Bogie not this year. will be out there in June though with RZR's
@raleigh
@Impact
@El Kabong
@stan the man
@curtwow
@CDA 455
@itwasFREE!!!!
White Dragon - doubtful, "attending in spirit"
@deathmobile2
@Quader1
BikerPepe` - doubtful, but maybe
@PatrickIngram - potential thursday-sunday
@Doosenberry - hopefully attending
Pretty sure silent one is sitting this year out

·
Addicted to Junk
11,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #140
I figured Raleigh would be there, but hadnt heard. I added him to the list.

That makes 9 total, plus I'm sure joe will have his bullnose out there again

121 - 140 of 152 Posts