Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

141 - 152 of 152 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Ok boys and girls we have 74 days until the start of the Bronco invasion/ Bronco Safari. Time to test your rig and make any changer to achieve reliability. Make reservations to stay somewhere. Most important be there.

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
11,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #143
Blue I did not see an answer but you should have no trouble with Top of the World. IT was a nice drive. Except for my starter and nicks? Tie rod? I am sure Dusty will have his go fast there as well.
I'll have to research the tougher trails. Was top of the world one of those all day runs? For some reason I though that was part of triple threat.

I gotta get a roll cage before I can go too serious.

·
Premium Member
84 Bronco, 351w, c6, custom doubler, np208, 5.13’s, TTB44, 9”, locked f/r
635 Posts
Top of the world is easy, it’s a decent bit of highway to get there though. It’s not part of triple threat.
To get to top of the world you go to the north end of town and take highway 128 for a while along the river, gotta be at least 30 miles or so. Once your on the trail, I can’t think of any obstacles that would require anything bigger than 33’s to get over

·
Premium Member
3,354 Posts
We did it on Friday and made it back for the Show n Shine. I think the hardest trail I went on was golden spike riding with @raleigh It was fun being a passenger for a change. Or maybe Moab rim which does not present a big roll over issue if you are careful. You saw the hard parts of Hells revenge didn't you?

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
11,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #146
Lol highway is no issue for the bronco.

I saw Hell's Gate and a couple hot tubs. I dont recall seeing the escalator. The gate sure looks scary, especially from the bottom. If I had a diaper, I'm sure the bronco could do it lol. I need a bit more experience before I try that. I only managed about 5-6 hours of trail time last year.

·
Registered
240 Posts

This is one of the rigs in our group who conquered the escalator. Keep in mind this is an obstacle you don’t have to go on to enjoy Hells revenge.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
84 Bronco, 351w, c6, custom doubler, np208, 5.13’s, TTB44, 9”, locked f/r
635 Posts
The Escalator is all about tire placement and listening to your spotter.... if you straddle that hole right any stock 4x4 can go up it, pretty sure a stock Kia went up it a few years ago. Get it wrong and get a tire in that hole, and it goes scary in a hurry though

·
Addicted to Junk
11,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #150
Yeah, the Gate scares me more than the Escalator.

I did do the Gate last year... on foot!

·
Registered
210 Posts
There are a couple of things that have come up this year during the end of April beginning of May (moving) so this is a hard maybe. Put me down as a doubtful, but maybe.

·
Premium Member
If it is not a Bronco, it's just not worth driving.....
1,129 Posts
There are a couple of things that have come up this year during the end of April beginning of May (moving) so this is a hard maybe. Put me down as a doubtful, but maybe.
If I come help you move can we upgrade you to a confirmed ?? ;)

141 - 152 of 152 Posts