Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New pictures of the "Baby Bronco" production model reveal a lot of important details

While these are just spy shots of an unfinished model, it does give us an even better idea of the design direction Ford is taking, one which i'm happy with.
If the "baby Bronco" looks as good as it does here, I can only imagine what the bigger Bronco will look like, that is, a true successor.

As for the details:
  • boxy design
  • squared roofline
  • rear fenders and tailgate with classic Bronco design cues (note the indent and oval badge placement on drivers side ;) )
  • overall more truck influenced design than other CUV's in its segment

·
Registered
66 Posts
The classic Bronco tailgate look is a very nice touch. Hopefully the rest of the body uses the same design elements.

·
MidlifeCrisisUndrWay
1,693 Posts
No removable top?

Not interested.....

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have no interest in the Baby Bronco either. Bring on the big Bronco. :ford
Me neither, maybe for my s/o. Seeing the baby Bronco as it is, does help set expectations on the big Bronco. That is a true successor.

I've been watching the developments closely because for some reason automakers think its cool to butcher classic nameplates.

Fortunately Ford doesn't seem to be doing that, SO far...

·
Registered
137 Posts
Me neither, maybe for my s/o. Seeing the baby Bronco as it is, does help set expectations on the big Bronco. That is a true successor.

I've been watching the developments closely because for some reason automakers think its cool to butcher classic nameplates.

Fortunately Ford doesn't seem to be doing that, SO far...
We're definitely seeing a wave of car companies bringing back classic names. Jeep is bringing back the Wagoneer and brought back the Gladiator, Chevrolet brought back the Blazer and is bringing back the Trailblazer, Toyota brought back the Supra, and Land Rover brought back the Defender. I'm sure I'm missing more but it's nuts.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The "baby Bronco" was spotting yet again with more to reveal, this time with shots of the interior, although very limiting.

Some things to look out for: circular headlights, boxy design, bold grille expected to have prominent “Ford” lettering, a leather-wrapped steering wheel, a digital instrument cluster

Notice how hard Ford tried to bulk up this mule.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Finally we're getting closer with news on its reveal.

The 2019 LA Auto Show in November is where its expected to take place and possibly called the Bronco Sport, according to AE via TFL Truck via people that attended some recent Ford dealer meeting.

On the downside for prospective customers and enthusiasts, Ford denied such a reveal and the timeframe mentioned beforehand. What is clear, however, is that Bronco Sport sounds better than Baby Bronco, Scout, Outer Banks, and whatever trademarks you can come up with. Based on the C2 vehicle architecture of the Escape, the lil’ fellow is a unibody featuring a transverse engine, all-wheel drive, and an eight-speed automatic tranny.

Test mules reveal a far boxier silhouette than the Escape, aligning the Bronco Sport to how the exterior design of the Wrangler-rivaling model. Given the C2 platform, it's possible for the Ford Motor Company to share the Escape’s engine options with the off-roader. The powertrains list starts with a three-cylinder EcoBoost 1.5-liter engine rated at 180 horsepower and 177 pound-feet of torque. Given time, a hybrid and plug-in hybrid could also be offered.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
If it doesn’t look way better than anything in those wraps they are wasting their time and money. I keep hoping that the entire body is fake and they are going to surprise us with a real off road truck vehicle. I’d take that Brazilian thing over anything I’ve seen so far and will stick with my old iron hands down.

I’ve tried not to be a Debbie downer on this but what a bunch of crap so far.

Fingers crossed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
66 Posts
If it doesn’t look way better than anything in those wraps they are wasting their time and money. I keep hoping that the entire body is fake and they are going to surprise us with a real off road truck vehicle. I’d take that Brazilian thing over anything I’ve seen so far and will stick with my old iron hands down.

I’ve tried not to be a Debbie downer on this but what a bunch of crap so far.

Fingers crossed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I'm hoping for the same thing, I imagine they just threw on that body to test the powertrain and throw people off until its revealed.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've bought two broncos (94 and 96), while waiting for information on the new broncos. Was planning on buying a new one, but Im losing interest due to this release taking so long. Waiting, waiting, waiting.........

·
Registered
2 Posts
Same. My wife badly needs a new vehicle. I've been putting it off for the 2021 bronco but I need them make some progress or shes going to talk me into getting her an FJ. I don't need anything fancy. Just full size, removable top and 4x4. Oh, and for the back not to be shaped like a minivan like every other boring SUV out there right now. Give me the squares!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Finally we're getting closer with news on its reveal.

The 2019 LA Auto Show in November is where its expected to take place and possibly called the Bronco Sport, according to AE via TFL Truck via people that attended some recent Ford dealer meeting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsiSc3tvGns
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it doesn't look like the Bronco is going to be at the LA Auto Show.

https://www.tflcar.com/2019/10/ford-says-the-all-new-ford-bronco-will-not-be-revealed-in-late-november-2019-still-coming-in-2020/

Previously, we reported that the all-new 2021 Ford Bronco will be revealed in “second half of November 2019”, potentially around the 2019 LA Auto Show. This unofficial information was based on two separate accounts from people with inside knowledge from recent Ford dealership meetings.

Now, we got an official word from Ford that “There are no plans to reveal the all-new Bronco in the second half of November.” Ford did not specify the model year on the new Bronco either. It’s still not clear if it will be officially designated 2021 or not.

What does this mean? When will Ford unveil the all-new Bronco? As of right now – all we know is that the reveal will be some time in 2020. The official statement is still the same. “The all-new Bronco returns in 2020.”

We hope it will be sooner rather than later, as many off-road enthusiasts have been waiting for this for years.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Now the pubs are reporting the Bronco's logo is hidden with pages of SYNC 3, as originally discovered by some random person that posted the discovery to youtube.
Ford issued a C&C and had it taken down, adding to the legitimacy.

Video (now removed):

Bronco Logo & Description:
"The video is suitably outdoorsy, and it shows a bunch of boulders rolling down a hill. They all bunch up and begin to form the Bronco's logo. As noted by ourselves and forum users, the whole animation is a bit lengthy for a startup screen, at roughly 14 seconds long. That could mean a bit of waiting before seeing the infotainment screen or rear-view camera display. But it is possible that the animation starts playing as soon as the door opens or the key is detected in the car. That would mean a few seconds of the animation would coincide with getting situated in the SUV and actually starting it, and what remains wouldn't feel as long."

·
Registered
137 Posts
Now the pubs are reporting the Bronco's logo is hidden with pages of SYNC 3, as originally discovered by some random person that posted the discovery to youtube.
Ford issued a C&C and had it taken down, adding to the legitimacy.

Video (now removed):

Bronco Logo & Description:
"The video is suitably outdoorsy, and it shows a bunch of boulders rolling down a hill. They all bunch up and begin to form the Bronco's logo. As noted by ourselves and forum users, the whole animation is a bit lengthy for a startup screen, at roughly 14 seconds long. That could mean a bit of waiting before seeing the infotainment screen or rear-view camera display. But it is possible that the animation starts playing as soon as the door opens or the key is detected in the car. That would mean a few seconds of the animation would coincide with getting situated in the SUV and actually starting it, and what remains wouldn't feel as long."
If this is true then thank God they sticking to the classic logo and not doing something completely different.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts