Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
95 Bronco, 351W, E4OD, 4.56 gears, 35x12.50x15 Patagonia MTs.
251 Posts
The four door is the worst aspect of it. I'll most likely be buying one/trading in the camaro for one when/if this political virus calms down. All new vehicles suck, pick your poison.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Don't give up hope just yet. If SUV and pickup segments are so lucrative that they take over all other passenger vehicle segments, then a new 2-door Bronco could happen.

It just won't be priority for Ford right now.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Don't give up hope just yet. If SUV and pickup segments are so lucrative that they take over all other passenger vehicle segments, then a new 2-door Bronco could happen.

I guess my disappointment stems from the fact that they don't really showcase some of the hallmarks of the Bronco aside from the raised ribs on the front fenders. I've only owned Broncos my whole life, with the exception of a '92 Nissan single cab pickup I had for a year and my '07 Nightrain (which I still have). Maybe I had too high of expectations... I would be interested to know if anyone on the design team were true blue Bronco owners at any time.

Sent from my Hush-98 comlink

·
FSM Lifetime
2,197 Posts
I been saying this, the 4-door looks like a jeep. Even the 2-doo

Are you referring to to the fabeled Fullsize/Raptor Bronco?

That would be pretty sweet. The main thing I miss from our trucks is a real tailgate and the power rear window.

Ford just copied the damn jeep swing gate... stupid.

·
Registered
68 Posts

Just sayin. Jeeps are too cluttered. The new Bronco is much cleaner looking than a Heep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
145 Posts
I guess my disappointment stems from the fact that they don't really showcase some of the hallmarks of the Bronco aside from the raised ribs on the front fenders. I've only owned Broncos my whole life, with the exception of a '92 Nissan single cab pickup I had for a year and my '07 Nightrain (which I still have). Maybe I had too high of expectations... I would be interested to know if anyone on the design team were true blue Bronco owners at any time.

When Ford (or any automaker for that matter) has been out of the game for this long, disappointments are to be expected. So far, the new Bronco is shaping up to be more traditional than most SUV's available today and that's a major plus already, however it might be Ford's way of getting away with modern things that we'll have to accept.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I been saying this, the 4-door looks like a jeep. Even the 2-doo

Are you referring to to the fabeled Fullsize/Raptor Bronco?

That would be pretty sweet. The main thing I miss from our trucks is a real tailgate and the power rear window.

Ford just copied the damn jeep swing gate... stupid.
Yes.
If the profit margins are so good then why wouldn't they? As the economy strengthens it should be another reason to go forward with versions we can actually stand behind. If they don't, chances are Toyota or even Heep will leave them in the dust. Oh and Toyota is working on a whole new range of its "four-brothers".

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
When Ford (or any automaker for that matter) has been out of the game for this long, disappointments are to be expected. So far, the new Bronco is shaping up to be more traditional than most SUV's available today and that's a major plus already, however it might be Ford's way of getting away with modern things that we'll have to accept.
More traditional? How so?

·
Registered
145 Posts
More traditional? How so?

Its more traditional when it comes closest to the Wrangler and the Wrangler has been mostly alone.

Automakers seem more interested in turning everything into car-based crossovers these days.

Still not traditional enough, but its what we have.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts