Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
7,548 Posts
Just a heads up that some rules maybe changing at Silver Lake. The silver lake FB page is good source for what I am talking about.
Will try to be there with mine, just need to put some more break in miles on it.

·
The Tennessee Warden
96 XL, 5.8L, E4OD, BW1356, 4.56 gears
4,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just a heads up that some rules maybe changing at Silver Lake. The silver lake FB page is good source for what I am talking about.
Will try to be there with mine, just need to put some more break in miles on it.
I heard that they are shutting down the drag strip.

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
7,548 Posts
The issue is that in doing that, they also "could" limit a bunch of other things too. It will be the DNR's opinion as to what reckless and everything else is. Not saying to not go, just to make sure you know before heading out.

Place is still fun just to cruise around anyways. I could also bring '92 if 78 isn't ready.

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
7,548 Posts
I will urge anyone going to be dune ready if at all possible.

Yeah nothing wrong with that. I run mine a bit harder but they are completely different builds too. I will be there in something likely. Though I will just stick to the dunes. I didn't get anything out of going to the meet up at the park or ValDuLakes Bar.

Reactions: MS88Bronc

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
15,126 Posts
Hmmm might try to make my way up this year. Bronco is getting Hydroboost and a new starter currently, and needs a couple leaks found and fixed. Iirc its a 10-12hr drive for me

·
The Tennessee Warden
4,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah come on up man. I’ll probably go to the show just to shoot the $&%# with other guys and pick up my T-shirt lol.

Sam, you need a 10’ rectangular orange flag mounted to the front bumper and some MI ORV/ORV Trail stickers ($36). If you don’t have a flag, there’s a few shops in the area that sell them for maybe $40 or so.

Brandon, is there anything else an out-of-stater needs? I know I have to have the state park pass on my license plate, so is there an extra sticker for out of state folks?

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
7,548 Posts
Out of state needs money... You need the State Park Sticker, and the ORV and The Trail Sticker. Assuming you are driving it in there on the street. Its like 65$ ish for everything if you get the yearly passes. Can also do dailys too though.

I have 4 flags. If someone needs one and your only coming up 1 time, please let me know and you can use on of mine.

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
15,126 Posts
Yeah come on up man. I’ll probably go to the show just to shoot the $&%# with other guys and pick up my T-shirt lol.

Sam, you need a 10’ rectangular orange flag mounted to the front bumper and some MI ORV/ORV Trail stickers ($36). If you don’t have a flag, there’s a few shops in the area that sell them for maybe $40 or so.

Brandon, is there anything else an out-of-stater needs? I know I have to have the state park pass on my license plate, so is there an extra sticker for out of state folks?
A 10' flag! Holy crap! Oh you mean 10' tall hahaha. Ive already got a 108" cb whip on the back lol. Is the flag so people see you coming over the crest of the dunes?

Are SP, ORV, and Trail stickers available at the dunes or do i need to mail in for em?

Brandon, i may take you up on the flag offer.

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
7,548 Posts
The stickers are all at what is called the voucher center at the dunes, well adjecent to it.
I think the idea is that peope will see you on hills. Its like its always been that way thing....

Reactions: BigBlue 94

·
Addicted to Junk
15,126 Posts
Do we have to sign up or just show up? Didnt really see it on the website and i dont have FB.

·
The Tennessee Warden
4,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If you want to show up to the “show and shine” event, there’s a $15 registration link on the web page. Or, you could just show up on the dunes and find everyone there lol. You get a little swag bag and there’s a raffle for parts from JBG and Tom’s Bronco Parts, etc. I think there’s food too. It’s up to you really.

·
Addicted to Junk
15,126 Posts
Anyone point out some tent camping spots? Prefer to be kind of secluded, not right next to someone. Though the reason is 'legal' in Michigan, unlike here in KS.

Got a buddy i havent talked to in a while that grew up in Chelsea, gonna try to get him to come.

·
The Tennessee Warden
4,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Anyone point out some tent camping spots? Prefer to be kind of secluded, not right next to someone. Though the reason is 'legal' in Michigan, unlike here in KS.

Got a buddy i havent talked to in a while that grew up in Chelsea, gonna try to get him to come.
I tent-camped here 2 years ago (didn’t go last year due to Covid) and it was pretty decent. I think it was like $80 for two nights. They have showers and bathrooms onsite.

silverhillscampground.com

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
7,548 Posts
If you plan on tenting, you need to make a reservation ASAP. These places fill up, fast.
Even tent spots.

Reactions: BigBlue 94

·
Addicted to Junk
15,126 Posts
I tent-camped here 2 years ago (didn’t go last year due to Covid) and it was pretty decent. I think it was like $80 for two nights. They have showers and bathrooms onsite.

silverhillscampground.com

Just reserved a spot at that place for Thursday, Friday, and Saturday night! $130 for all 3.

·
Addicted to Junk
15,126 Posts
And registered for the event! Now if my new brake lines would ever get here, I could finish this HB, F350, T-Bird brake swap! Still gotta wire my new PMGR starter, fix a couple leaks, and get the carb running better.

I noticed the DNR mandates a 94 dB sound limit. My bronco is pretty damn loud at WOT, even with a full tailpipe. Are they strict about this? Should I throw on a second muffler lol?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts