Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A person on Facebook reached out to a friend who works at Dana and a couple of interesting things came out of it.

1) The program for the Bronco's 2.7L engine will start in September.
2) A 3.0L engine will start late next year.

This means that the rumors of the Bronco getting the Aviator's 3.0 Liter twin turbo V6 could be legit.

Ford Bronco Engines

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'd like to see that Aviator's 3.0L plug in hybrid version available. If they're putting in the 3.0L already, they can probably bring over the electric bits as well. I wouldn't mind saving gas on the drive to work and still having more than 400 hp. Pretty amazing engine.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I always expected the long rumored 2.7-liter EcoBoost engine to become official along with the bigger 3.0-liter that's likely in the Bronco R:

That 3.0-liter V6 EcoBoost engine is already available as a hybrid and PHEV in Ford's latest SUV's, the Explorer and Lincoln Aviator. Both with power output similar to many V8's out there.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I'd like to see that Aviator's 3.0L plug in hybrid version available. If they're putting in the 3.0L already, they can probably bring over the electric bits as well. I wouldn't mind saving gas on the drive to work and still having more than 400 hp. Pretty amazing engine.
It could very well be the hybrid engine, it would make more sense than having the non hybrid V6.

·
Registered
95 Bronco, 351W, E4OD, 4.56 gears, 35x12.50x15 Patagonia MTs.
327 Posts
I'd buy the shit out of a new hybrid Bronco. They'd better hurry though, I need a commuter yesterday.

·
Registered
95 Bronco, 351W, E4OD, 4.56 gears, 35x12.50x15 Patagonia MTs.
327 Posts
Would you go with the two door or four door for your commuter?
Two door is the only option for me. They look a lot better and are much more functional as a daily driver for someone without kids.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts