Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To start the Bronco Sport will be Escape-based (unibody design) unlike the bigger truck-based standard Bronco.

Others things we should expect include:
  • "Bronco Sport" is likely what this "baby" Bronco will be called at launch.
  • design to be upright and squared-off body, as seen in recent spy shots
  • arrives late 2020 as a 2021 model
  • same 106.7-inch wheelbase as the Escape?
  • shares powertrains with the Escape (turbocharged 1.5-liter three-cylinder and turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine options, and/or hybrid options)?
  • more rugged AWD setup than the Escape?
That's all I was able to gather so far. Hopefully it drives like how a "baby Bronco" should and isn't held back by the Escape's platform.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I don't really have a problem with being the same size as the Escape, I also agree with you that it hopefully has a better AWD system than the Escape.

·
Super Moderator
23,860 Posts
Yo Sheppard,
Car & Drive reports "Key differences will include the optional all-wheel-drive system, which should be beefed up compared to the Escape's to back up the Bronco Sport's off-road image. It may include some sort of differential lock or low range, along with a driving mode selector to adjust for various terrains."
I hope differential lock or low range is for sure.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Yo Sheppard,
Car & Drive reports "Key differences will include the optional all-wheel-drive system, which should be beefed up compared to the Escape's to back up the Bronco Sport's off-road image. It may include some sort of differential lock or low range, along with a driving mode selector to adjust for various terrains."
I hope differential lock or low range is for sure.
That's great news, it it has both a differential lock and driving mode selector that's going to be big against other small crossovers/SUVs.

·
Registered
54 Posts
This is a rendering of the Bronco Sport from Car and Driver. If it looks anything like this I think I think it will do very well for Ford.

·
Registered
129 Posts
This is a rendering of the Bronco Sport from Car and Driver. If it looks anything like this I think I think it will do very well for Ford.

The better the Bronco Sport does the more fun Ford can have with the big Bronco. This design would do very well for the average customer.

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
🤮 but Im old so what do I know. Ford is a business whos main goal is to make money by appealing to the masses. More of the masses would probably buy that thing. I get my kicks with my 1990 Bronco and my 1996 F250 and I drive a 2010 Acura TL daily. I wouldnt buy and new Ford unless it was an F series and I dont want to afford a new one of those.

·
Registered
9 Posts
All of us have been waiting for Ford to make a new Bronco since our hearts were ripped out and stomped on back in '96. I dearly hope Ford does right by us, sadly I'm not expecting much from them this time around. (Anyone seen the electric Mustang....) Meh...

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
Still best one Ive seen so far and not done by Ford.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts