Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
15,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Chasing a cold start issue..that thread is here.

fullsizebronco.com/threads/cold-start-issue-on-my-92.516286/#post-7347807

Pretty certain after testing that the FPR is the problem. Having said that, decided I might as well look to upgrade the fuel system, adding a 255 lph fuel pump.

https://treperformance.com/i-522-ford-bronco-255-lph-fuel-pump-1990-1996.html
Pumps on sale for $70, can't beat that.

Next I've got some 24lb injectors. bought these several years back and never got around to installing..Ordered a rebuild kit from amazon and over the weekend I took them apart, tested (plenty of youtube videos show how to do this) and cleaned each one..they seem to be good..figure if all goes smoothly I should be able to get this knocked out over the course of a weekend or two..not in any rush..

1612809986434.png

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
15,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Injectors rebuilt..when I got them torn apart the insides looked really clean so I'm expecting they'll be fine with the simple cleaning I did..kit for the FPR arrives today and the new fuel pump will be here later in the week..I'm going to need to adjust the fuel slopes to account for the new injectors, but otherwise it should be pretty straightforward..

I'll post some details when I install the new fuel pump. Stay tuned.

Reactions: reptillikus

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
15,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Swapped in a new tensioner pulley today, the old one was making noises and jumping around, so it was time..Dug through my parts boxes and luckily I had a brand new spare. Love it when that happens.

1613651273145.png

Reactions: reptillikus

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
15,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Received my 255LPH fuel pump from TRE. Waiting to get down to under a 1/4 tank before I install, even with the access hatch I figure it will be easier with less gas..This pump is similar to the walbro unit and I've been looking around to see if there are any good instructions for how to mount. I've seen where folks have rigged up their own brackets..This thread..

another 255lph fuel pump install...

I've got some hose clamps I was planning to use, looking for any general advice on the easiest way to do this..
Thanks.

·
Registered
1982 FSB 302, c6, NP208 manual, manual hubs, manual windows, 3.00 gears LSD rear, 235/75/15 HK ATM
583 Posts
I hadn't heard of TRE so I paid them a Bing. It sounds like quality equipment. I would like to know if they are quiet like they advertise. You should be able to use most of your stock assembly and just use hose cut to where it would be the same length to pick up as the stock unit. You might have to cut the metal lines with a hack saw or something but still, straight forward and easy I would say. If you have to cut, flare the ends so it will hold the hose clamp good and you are all set!

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
15,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Thanks @HarryGnuts, the pump was recommended to me by someone who has a stroker in his Bronco, so I figure it will be fine for my purposes..Since I typed that up, I found a link to another thread within that thread showing how it all goes together..
Fuel Pump upgrade 125LPH- 255LPH

I'm sure it will be pretty apparent when I take it apart what goes where..I'll post up results when I get it swapped.

Reactions: HarryGnuts

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
15,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #27

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
15,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Injectors got here fast..the ones I rebuilt were probably ok, but I know these are good..

Also, got down to doing the fuel pump..gotta love that access hole..makes it a snap..

old pump out, I wanted to see if I could reuse the casing..no dice..the new pump is bigger..top is the new, had to cut down the hose to make it the same length as the old one..

Everything back together..hardest part was finding something to brace the new pump..wound up using a piece of round stock I had laying around..

You can barely even hear the new pump when it's running..

·
Registered
1995 , sas, L&L ladder bars, 37/14.50/15 Toyos , 9 inch lift
124 Posts
You mean Cypress Hammock..man that was a long time ago..heck, we moved in 2005...That's too funny, I remember seeing you going the other way on Old. St. Aug..was thinking that's a nice Bronco....Yeah, we definitely need to meet up at some point. I'm around I'll DM you my cell.
Yes, Cypress Hammock..lol...So long ago. I'm on Instagram @broncnut

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
15,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Got the 24lb injectors installed and loaded my new tune..engine fired up, but when I shut it off and started again the fuel pump wasn't priming..checked the relay, it's working, but when I ground the fuel pump through the self-test plug I get nothing..what's strange is it was running great yesterday and earlier today with the new pump..I'm wondering if I have a loose connection at the pump, or worse a problem with my EEC..hopefully it's not the computer..stay tuned.

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
15,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Ok, we're back in business..Pulled the pump again and redid the connections, must have had a bad crimp in one of the spliced pump wires..put it back and all is good..

Was able to drive it around a bit and get some data logs, but the tune needs some work..

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
15,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Updates

Got the 24lb injectors from TRE installed, still working on adjusting the tune. New injectors don't seem to be giving the advertised flow, they're only pushing 24lbs of fuel with 55psi base pressure when they should be pushing way more....I've been told (of course after I bought them) that sometime TRE sells knock offs..may wind up pulling these and swapping in the 24lb injectors I rebuilt..

Side note, finally filled up the gas tank after being able to regularly drive it and found I got 8.3 mpg on that last tank..that was a huge improvement..I'm sure it's a combination of the improved tune and the new exhaust system that's not leaking..

21 - 33 of 33 Posts