Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I didnt really mind all the dents and scratches on my Bronco because each one held a story and a memory made of 20 years of wheeling the same truck
all over South Jersey. Even when the tailgate regulator rusted through and the window stopped working for the 11th time since I had it and I hung a black donor
tailgate on it (see pics) it was still ok in my book. But then after a trip out to my buddies farm with the Bronco and after I cracked my first beer at noon (dont try this
at home) I plowed into a tree at 2am and had to hang a different color fender on it then it was time for paint so I started sanding.

The door below would contact the old fender when trying to open it if the suspension was all flexed out. Notice the damage repair.

There was some surface rust and a hole in front of the driver rear tire that happened after I tangled with some tree limbs that needed to be dealt with as well.

The passenger door took on damage when I laid it over on its side in a lake.

Here is the black tailgate I mentioned before and some repaired spots where the tire carrier was.

This side ready to spray primer.

Funny after I primed the truck I really liked the look of the flat drab green!

But I had already bought midnight satin blue for my spray gun so I went with it and was happy with the finished product.

Surely far from perfect but for the money it was definitely an improvement!

Attachments

·
Registered
417 Posts
In my neck of the woods we say “Looking good from a far, but far from looking good” I love it although I would have stayed OD green ...... but I’m biased because mine will be military sand (y) :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
haha yea its a mud truck anyway so most of the time you cant even see the paint.

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats how I roll miesk 😝

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
In my neck of the woods we say “Looking good from a far, but far from looking good” I love it although I would have stayed OD green ...... but I’m biased because mine will be military sand (y) :ROFLMAO:
my brother and i say something like that - we say "it's 50/50" ... 50% good from 50 feet away

·
Super Moderator
14,444 Posts
Pretty damn good for a driveway paint job..this may finally motivate me to get mine done..I've got all the stuff to do it, just need to find the time..assuming that's single stage? What kind of sprayer did you use?

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks jermil, took 3 of these @ $25 a piece delivered (Amazon)
and I used a basic craftsman spray gun set around 40psi.
Then went to town with a bunch of rattle cans satin clear coat

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks! These tops are the easiest thing to paint on earth. I've rattle canned a few in my time always with nice results.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts